1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ready lift or daystar

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TBLOCK09, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 10:16 PM
    TBLOCK09

TBLOCK09 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 5Lug
    Total chaos lt in front , icon aal in back, Hannemann front fenders ( painted stock white and painted the roof black at same time), window tint thats not to dark (i had to get the last pair taken off they had to find a ticket for something...)Afe cold air intake, Alpine 102 deck, kenwood eXcelon KFC-X1730P componets, alpine s-12 shallow sub behind the seat pushed by a rockford fosgate mono 400 wt amp, Grillcraft black grill (re powdered flat black), and just installed the LCE header.
    i have a 2005 5lug and am trying to find out to go with the sst ready lift that cost $330 for the kit or $850 installed. or a daystar leveling kit that is $130 or $180 installed. does anyone have any recommendations? im leaning towards the daystar because of the price, but you get what you pay for and i dont want to end up making a big mistake.

2. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:07 AM
    Top Gun Customz

Top Gun Customz Active Member

Member:
    We recomend staying away from the daystar components due to the material there made out of. It is basicly a hard plastic/rubber and it isn't gaurenteed for life. Our 3" kit is priced reasonably at $239.00 comes with rear shocks and is gaurenteed for life on the front spacers. Just give us a call if you are interested. 1-877-274-9362

3. Mar 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    TBLOCK09

TBLOCK09 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 5Lug
    Total chaos lt in front , icon aal in back, Hannemann front fenders ( painted stock white and painted the roof black at same time), window tint thats not to dark (i had to get the last pair taken off they had to find a ticket for something...)Afe cold air intake, Alpine 102 deck, kenwood eXcelon KFC-X1730P componets, alpine s-12 shallow sub behind the seat pushed by a rockford fosgate mono 400 wt amp, Grillcraft black grill (re powdered flat black), and just installed the LCE header.

i just called and jeff (a sales rep) said they dont make a kit for the 5lug. and he also recomends the daystar even though plastic and it is a good product. ima little ify on it. the kit your talking about seems great and if they ever decide to make a kit for all the guys with 5lugs i would be sure to wait and pick up on that.

4. Mar 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    Stupid hurts.

Stupid hurts. Hoogie boogie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Impluse Red Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    I have the ReadLift SST Kit installed on my '07 5-lug and am pleased with it so far.

You may want to check this kit that Fat Bob's Garage offers for $180: http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=4347&CS=fatbobs&All=

I read in a thread that these kits are ReadyLift SST Kits just taken out of their boxes and put into Fat Bob's boxes. Another user called them and sure enough they were. Please don't quote me on this. You may want to give them a call. I can tell you that just by look at the pic it's exactly identical to the ReadyLift SST Kit, but again give them a call and ask.

Products Discussed in

To Top