Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ready lift or daystar

Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
TBLOCK09 is on a distinguished road
TBLOCK09's Tacoma Gallery
ready lift or daystar

i have a 2005 5lug and am trying to find out to go with the sst ready lift that cost $330 for the kit or $850 installed. or a daystar leveling kit that is $130 or $180 installed. does anyone have any recommendations? im leaning towards the daystar because of the price, but you get what you pay for and i dont want to end up making a big mistake.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Top Gun Customz will become famous soon enough

Top Gun Customz's Tacoma Gallery
We recomend staying away from the daystar components due to the material there made out of. It is basicly a hard plastic/rubber and it isn't gaurenteed for life. Our 3" kit is priced reasonably at $239.00 comes with rear shocks and is gaurenteed for life on the front spacers. Just give us a call if you are interested. 1-877-274-9362
Old 03-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
TBLOCK09 is on a distinguished road
TBLOCK09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz View Post
We recomend staying away from the daystar components due to the material there made out of. It is basicly a hard plastic/rubber and it isn't gaurenteed for life. Our 3" kit is priced reasonably at $239.00 comes with rear shocks and is gaurenteed for life on the front spacers. Just give us a call if you are interested. 1-877-274-9362

i just called and jeff (a sales rep) said they dont make a kit for the 5lug. and he also recomends the daystar even though plastic and it is a good product. ima little ify on it. the kit your talking about seems great and if they ever decide to make a kit for all the guys with 5lugs i would be sure to wait and pick up on that.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLOCK09 View Post
i just called and jeff (a sales rep) said they dont make a kit for the 5lug. and he also recomends the daystar even though plastic and it is a good product. ima little ify on it. the kit your talking about seems great and if they ever decide to make a kit for all the guys with 5lugs i would be sure to wait and pick up on that.
I have the ReadLift SST Kit installed on my '07 5-lug and am pleased with it so far.

You may want to check this kit that Fat Bob's Garage offers for $180: http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/share...S=fatbobs&All=

I read in a thread that these kits are ReadyLift SST Kits just taken out of their boxes and put into Fat Bob's boxes. Another user called them and sure enough they were. Please don't quote me on this. You may want to give them a call. I can tell you that just by look at the pic it's exactly identical to the ReadyLift SST Kit, but again give them a call and ask.