Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg Coilovers

Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #41
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
ain't this the truth!!
I talked my buddy w/ a 2012 dclb into Icon's with total chaos and add a leaf (AAL) and he is happy as a clam. Is there a better option? Sure there is. Camburg is a good well known option. Great product and you cant go wrong with them. Personally, i might consider some different coil overs. I did read that you wanted a 3" lift. I have come to find out that is an odd size. I do like Wheelers Off Road (Personal choice), however i am sure whomever you deal with will help you out. Just check out all of your options. I have even considered OME complete because money is an issue with me and they have great reviews. http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/o...charger-sport/ I hope this helps in some way. (i doubt it) Good luck with your truck and keep us posted.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #42
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
I talked my buddy w/ a 2012 dclb into Icon's with total chaos and add a leaf (AAL) and he is happy as a clam. Is there a better option? Sure there is. Camburg is a good well known option. Great product and you cant go wrong with them. Personally, i might consider some different coil overs. I did read that you wanted a 3" lift. I have come to find out that is and odd size. I do like Wheelers Off Road (Personal choice), however i am sure whomever you deal with will help you out. Just check out all of your options. I have even considered OME complete because money is an issue with me and they have great reviews. http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/o...charger-sport/ I hope this helps in some way. (i doubt it) Good luck with your truck and keep us posted.
Thank you for the post. I initially wanted a 3 inch lift but am now thinking that 2.5 coilovers is the best option for me.

Not a huge off roader but do plan on going to the desert and camping a lot know that I have a truck that can do so.

Ive just been reading a ton of reviews and they are altering my decision daily. I think Ill be happy if I get the camburgs but I dont want that buyers remorse.

Just so many darn options and everyone that i have talked to likes what they have and dont like anything else.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #43
slcnbldr is a jewel in the roughslcnbldr is a jewel in the roughslcnbldr is a jewel in the roughslcnbldr is a jewel in the rough

Name: Anthony
slcnbldr's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Deathproofduck on the Icons. Just did the Icons with Dakars on my 2012 DCLB. 2 1/2" of lift and the ride is excellent.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #44
MGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura aboutMGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura about

MGMTaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
Thank you for the post. I initially wanted a 3 inch lift but am now thinking that 2.5 coilovers is the best option for me.

Not a huge off roader but do plan on going to the desert and camping a lot know that I have a truck that can do so.

Ive just been reading a ton of reviews and they are altering my decision daily. I think Ill be happy if I get the camburgs but I dont want that buyers remorse.

Just so many darn options and everyone that i have talked to likes what they have and dont like anything else.
Make it easy on yourself and go with KINGS.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #45
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcnbldr View Post
I agree with Deathproofduck on the Icons. Just did the Icons with Dakars on my 2012 DCLB. 2 1/2" of lift and the ride is excellent.
How is the ride compared to stock? What package did you ahve on your truck before?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #46
slcnbldr is a jewel in the roughslcnbldr is a jewel in the roughslcnbldr is a jewel in the roughslcnbldr is a jewel in the rough

Name: Anthony
slcnbldr's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 TRD Sport and the suspension was stock. The ride no is by far better. Smooth and tight it doesn't soft like stock at all. and for the little off road I have done while fishing it is great. Mostly driving over rocks near the river. I am just chasing a sporatic squeek in the Dakars but I was prepared for that after reading so much here. I do tow a bit and the stock leaf pack and AAL is no match for the Dakars.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #47
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcnbldr View Post
I have a 2012 TRD Sport and the suspension was stock. The ride no is by far better. Smooth and tight it doesn't soft like stock at all. and for the little off road I have done while fishing it is great. Mostly driving over rocks near the river. I am just chasing a sporatic squeek in the Dakars but I was prepared for that after reading so much here. I do tow a bit and the stock leaf pack and AAL is no match for the Dakars.
Thanks for the review was kind of thinking of getting either a new leaf pack or AAL. Will probably be towing sooo I think I have my answer.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #48
Jimmy Bachar is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jimmy
Jimmy Bachar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetequilaworms View Post
That kit comes with our 1.25" Upper control arm. That arm adjusts caster and allows for more wheel travel, its not just a front lift kit. The OME kit will do just that, it will lift the front end and keep the stock upper arm which will be your limiting factor and give you that harsh ride. Our replacement UCA also replaces that factory ball joint, when you put a lift on these trucks with a stock upper arm, it leaves the arm at an angle that the ball joint isn't too happy with. We've corrected that by changing the geometry of the arm and using that 1.25" uniball that will allow for more misalignment (droop travel).

The OME kit also comes with what looks like a 2.0" OEM replacement strut, as where our kit comes with a 2.5" coilover shock. these shocks are specifially valved to work for these truck and UCAs. You also have the option of rebuilding and revalving our shocks where as the OME kit needs to be completely replaced (at least the shock does). Bilstein shocks for the rear will give you a nice, plush ride when accompanied with our front end.

dont forget we offer a 10% discount to all TW members!! If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me at Carlos@camburg.com
Could i add the bilstein 5160s to this kit
Old 10-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #49
Carlos@Camburg.com
Thetequilaworms is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
Thetequilaworms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Bachar View Post
Could i add the bilstein 5160s to this kit
Of course you can, it will change the pricing on the kit (add $200) and its something I have to order up since we don't stock those.