Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pro Comp K5075B 3" Lift Kit with Coils... Opinions?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rocky
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah go cards!! my wife graduated from U of L. she's from jeffersonville
Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #22
Bfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to all

Name: Brandon
Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
oh yeah go cards!! my wife graduated from U of L. she's from jeffersonville
That's too cool! I graduated from UofL in 2008 and still have season tickets! I'm about 15 mins from Jeff.

Anyway, as for the lift... Would you recommend piecing together a separate lift in the 500-800$ range or just going straight into this complete pro comp lift for $465? I've done my research but still seem to be a bit ignorant on lifting these trucks.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfry86 View Post
That's too cool! I graduated from UofL in 2008 and still have season tickets! I'm about 15 mins from Jeff.

Anyway, as for the lift... Would you recommend piecing together a separate lift in the 500-800$ range or just going straight into this complete pro comp lift for $465? I've done my research but still seem to be a bit ignorant on lifting these trucks.
Just depends on what you are using it for and how happy you would be with a stiff ride. plus you gotta keep in mind 3 plus inches you may need to go with new uca's also to get your alignment good. I personnally was not happy with the ride and my aal's and shocks started to rust. It's a good lift for the money but i would keep it under 3" and seriously look at billies if your on a budget and the tsb (if you got it) aal's from toytec. if you wanna spend a couple of extra peso's I would go with the ultimate lift or full ome 3" lift with dakars. people here love the ome (old man emu) lifts and dakar leafs especially if you put stuff in the back or tow on occasion. people here have abused thier ome lifts and still love them. If you go with pro comp don't be surprised if you change it out after a while. jmho
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #24

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
My in laws go to the games all the time. my wife graduated back in 89 w/ a ms in elc. eng. great school we go visit them quite a bit going up in dec. for Christmas.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure Jerry runs this lift.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oma-build.html
Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfry86 View Post
pro comp lift for $465? I've done my research but still seem to be a bit ignorant on lifting these trucks.
But dont forget your tacoma world discount

http://www.bytortruck.com/advanced_s...eywords=K5075B

remember you get 10% off with discount code "TWORLD" at checkout, and shipping is only $5 bucks.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #28

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
bytor is good people dude if you buy, buy from them. I got my spindles from them and they shipped them and i got them in a timely manner at a good price.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #29
TRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
TRD2006's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone had vibration issues after this lift?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
Dombrockin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dom
Dombrockin's Tacoma Gallery
I had some Vibration at first I got my alignment done and it went away. Also tires will have a lot to do with vibration. I got the pro comp kit in without uca's with no issues I will still be purchasing some soon but its not necessary.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #31
Bfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to all

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BytorTruck View Post
But dont forget your tacoma world discount

http://www.bytortruck.com/advanced_s...eywords=K5075B

remember you get 10% off with discount code "TWORLD" at checkout, and shipping is only $5 bucks.
I will certainly purchase from you guys if I decide to go with it! I'm just wanting to make sure I do my research so I make the right purchase. Still on the fence about it. I don't mind a stiff ride, given I'm only off-road to get down to the lake a couple times a month. I pull my boat from time to time but I don't see this lift affecting that much either. Hell, I may have just talked myself into it....
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #32

It really is a good buy. I love it. A couple buddys of mine have different lifts and there is a very little difference. Also it Will increase your towing capacity. I wish I would have known about the 10% discount I definitely would have purchased it through bytortruck.com
Old 09-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #33
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Could you buy this kit and later on down the road replace the coils with say OME 885 to make the ride less stiff?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #34

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
Could you buy this kit and later on down the road replace the coils with say OME 885 to make the ride less stiff?
That's a damn good question that I would like to know the answer to!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #35

i have done a pretty good amount of research on other coils and yes you can do the ome 885 however you will have to add spacers the 885's are shorter coils is all i could find. I have been getting alot of bounce while off road but only in the front so coils will be replaced soon ill keep ya posted.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #36
FatTony415 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
FatTony415's Tacoma Gallery
For about $200 more you can get an Old Man Emu lift kit from Toytec (factoring in the 5% TW discount):

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...kit_p_231.html

You won't have any problem finding thread upon thread of good things about OME around here, which is what made up my mind.

Also, Toytec has the Ironman lift kit on sale for $100 less than the Pro Comp kit:

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ma_p_965.html#
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #37
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTony415 View Post
For about $200 more you can get an Old Man Emu lift kit from Toytec (factoring in the 5% TW discount):

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...kit_p_231.html

You won't have any problem finding thread upon thread of good things about OME around here, which is what made up my mind.

Also, Toytec has the Ironman lift kit on sale for $100 less than the Pro Comp kit:

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ma_p_965.html#
So, reviving this thread that I was watching for a lil while...

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 3" lift. The ProComp lift is very reasonably priced and I need the stiffer front springs to accomodate my plow. The OME lift through Toytec is $850 including shipping and I can get the ProComp lift through Bytor for $425 shipped. That's 1/2 the price. Not sure why I wouldn't do this???

Wondering if the rear leaf will work with the TSB rear springs I'm running?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #38
bshannon is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
bshannon's Tacoma Gallery
I have been on the phone with the procomp people and they keep telling me that the procomp 3 in with the 4 shocks and 2 coils and add a leafs in the rear will over extend the front of my truck since its the 4 cylinder access cab. Has anyone witnessed this? Anyone have a remedy for it? I am installing a bully bar and am thinking that will put some more weight on the front? I would love some feedback.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #39

I wouldnt recommended this kit for your truck. Mine is the 6 cylinder and i cant imagine how stiff it would be on a lighter truck
Old 02-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #40
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshannon View Post
I have been on the phone with the procomp people and they keep telling me that the procomp 3 in with the 4 shocks and 2 coils and add a leafs in the rear will over extend the front of my truck since its the 4 cylinder access cab. Has anyone witnessed this? Anyone have a remedy for it? I am installing a bully bar and am thinking that will put some more weight on the front? I would love some feedback.
All the info your looking for is in here.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-coil-kit.html

Btw, that kit is a pos

Products Discussed in this Thread