Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pro Comp K5075B 3" Lift Kit with Coils... Opinions?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Bfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to all

Name: Brandon
Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp K5075B 3" Lift Kit with Coils... Opinions?

Just came across this set up on amazon and was curious if you guys had any opinions on it and if you thought it would fit my 2010 DBL Cab TRD Sport? http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Comp-K5075..._cd_al_qh_dp_i

I'm looking for 2-3" lift and this seems to fit the bill.. Thanks
Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Its a nice we have sold a few with not one complaint.

http://www.bytortruck.com/advanced_s...eywords=K5075B

remember you get 10% off with discount code "TWORLD" at checkout, and shipping is only $5 bucks.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
WittyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Greyson
WittyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It is a good quality lift, I run it on my truck. Buy expect a stiff ride because i have read that it uses 800# coils and i can feel it
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Bfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to all

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BytorTruck View Post
Its a nice we have sold a few with not one complaint.

http://www.bytortruck.com/advanced_s...eywords=K5075B

remember you get 10% off with discount code "TWORD" at checkout, and shipping is only $5 bucks.
Your site says it only fits 05-09?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Long Time Lurker
RCOTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dalton
RCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This lift is a no go! Those coils have an insane spring rate, something like 720 pounds, someone correct me if I am wrong. There's someone on here who had it with an ARB bumper and winch, and still had over three inches of lift. Not to mention it will ride like crap!

Look into an OME lift or Toytec kit. It would be a MUCH better option. Maybe do some searching on that Pro Comp lift and see if you can create your own opinion.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #6

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyTaco View Post
It is a good quality lift, I run it on my truck. Buy expect a stiff ride because i have read that it uses 800# coils and i can feel it
That's good to hear.. I don't mind a stiffer ride as long as the quality is there. What size tires are you running with it?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Over on the Fj ccruiser forum HUNDREDS of guys run them. Yes, the front springs are equal to OME 886s. BUT, the lift is SOLID. Why pay more for the OME when you can get the pro comp for less money. Also, look into IRON MAN lifts. Also big in the FJ cruiser world.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfry86 View Post
Your site says it only fits 05-09?
You must be seing things it say 05-13
Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #9

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOTaco View Post
This lift is a no go! Those coils have an insane spring rate, something like 720 pounds, someone correct me if I am wrong. There's someone on here who had it with an ARB bumper and winch, and still had over three inches of lift. Not to mention it will ride like crap!

Look into an OME lift or Toytec kit. It would be a MUCH better option. Maybe do some searching on that Pro Comp lift and see if you can create your own opinion.

I'll look into that! Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #10

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BytorTruck View Post
You must be seing things it say 05-13
Haha, I swear it said 05-09 ten mins ago!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfry86 View Post
Haha, I swear it said 05-09 ten mins ago!
Ha ha it did, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
Dombrockin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dom
Dombrockin's Tacoma Gallery
Im currently running the 3" pro-com kit and it is a little stiff but damn for the price its so worth it. After taking it out on the trails it has become a lot less stiff. As for tires size im running LT285/75/16.bfg all terrain ko. I do rub but only a litle i have to trim just my front fenders about an half inch but that will be taken care of this weekend.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #13

Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrockin View Post
Im currently running the 3" pro-com kit and it is a little stiff but damn for the price its so worth it. After taking it out on the trails it has become a lot less stiff. As for tires size im running LT285/75/16.bfg all terrain ko. I do rub but only a litle i have to trim just my front fenders about an half inch but that will be taken care of this weekend.
I'm glad to hear another decent review. I could wait a few months and drop some money on a lift but I'm almost tired of waiting and would rather get this lift and new tires now. I have a TRD Sport... Do you think the ride would be more stiff than stock? Would you happen to have a picture of what it looks like on your truck? Thanks again

-B
Old 09-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #14

Just added a picture as my avatar and my display picture. It's way more stiff the than stock suspension, but with the amount of looks you'll get its totally worth it. I just did the trimming today so my tires wouldn't rub and had sucsess i no longer have tire rub with 32.8" tires. Ill take more pictures soon.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #15

Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
Looks great!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this lift for over 60k miles of city, highway, towing, trails, etc. It has held up just fine. It was a little bit stiff at first, but tolerable, now it's perfect. I added an extra leaf to mine because I tow sometimes and I like the raked look. To me it's a solid lift.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I had the pro comp 3 inch lift for a while and scraped it. Went with billies and all pro expo's. wasn't a bad lift just way to stiff in trails and stuff. I love my billies. also went w/ spindles which you cannot do but man the ride is so much better with billies. I ran 295/70/17's w/ pro comp lift and just had to trim the inner fender well

Products Discussed in this Thread