1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Couple Q's about Bilstein 5100's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CYCLESARGE, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Sep 7, 2013 at 4:48 AM
    CYCLESARGE

CYCLESARGE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eugene Or
    Vehicle:
    '13 Regular cab 4X4
    Just got my 5100's in the mail yesterday and have a couple questions.

First, I know Bilstein has done all the homework and math and what not, but is anyone else nervous about the size of the circlip that support the weight of our trucks? Can somebody give me a logical explanation of the physics that might help put my mind at ease?

Second, do the lift figures come out different for different types of Tacomas? I'm installing these on a Regular cab, 4 cyl, 5 speed. It seems like most posters here have AC's and DC's and get higher than advertised lift. Can I expect the same amount of lift or will it be less or more?

2. Sep 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    phil12382

phil12382 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Cols,OH
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab trd off rd
    Bilstein 5100's all around with OME 885s in front . 265/75/16. 5k hid, Fog 3k. Anytime fog light mod. Grillecraft upper and lower. Firestone airbags. Daystar Cradles. Illuminated 4x4 switch. Scan Guage II. LR UCA.
    I just installed the 5100's on my 08 double cab about 3 weeks ago and so far so good. I was nervous at first about the size of them but I called bilstein even and they told me that there stout and will not have a problem so well see.

Products Discussed in

To Top