Notices

Tips on body lifts recommendations

Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Kory450
Kory450 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kory
Kory450's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Tips on body lifts recommendations

Hello everyone I just got my tacoma for my birthday and am wondering what types of body lifts are recommended?? So I thought wha t better way to ask my fellow tacomians?! I found this one http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/toyota-...present-6-lug- ( keep in mind I'm tryin to keep the price down) any pointers or recommendations on what to do?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
can you fix your fatbobs link
Old 09-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money and dont buy a spacer or body lift..
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You're gonna find that most people on this site are gonna give you a hard time about a body lift (and spacer lifts are the devil, too). Personally, I'm not against the idea, but I'd recommend only lifting the body an inch or two. I know of some hardcore offroading rigs that run body lifts just to clear a little larger size of a tire. Most people (including me) would just tell you to save up your money and lift it "right", which generally consists of a new coilover unit with stiffer springs and new shocks for the front and springs with a higher arch in the back, OR the cheaper route of adding a leaf to your leaf pack. Let the record show that I am the first of many to tell you this
Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Save your money and dont buy a spacer or body lift..
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
You're gonna find that most people on this site are gonna give you a hard time about a body lift (and spacer lifts are the devil, too). Personally, I'm not against the idea, but I'd recommend only lifting the body an inch or two. I know of some hardcore offroading rigs that run body lifts just to clear a little larger size of a tire. Most people (including me) would just tell you to save up your money and lift it "right", which generally consists of a new coilover unit with stiffer springs and new shocks for the front and springs with a higher arch in the back, OR the cheaper route of adding a leaf to your leaf pack. Let the record show that I am the first of many to tell you this
these
Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This!

also note that in a bad crash with a 3”+ body lift(or any really, but 3”+ the chance goes way up) but the cab/body can detach from the frame.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You have a brand new truck, don't cheap out on the lift. Save your money, do it once and do it right.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You have a brand new truck, don't cheap out on the lift. Save your money, do it once and do it right.
...Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is
Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
also you get what you pay for with lift. if you really want a 3” lift get 5100 for the front and an add a leaf for the rear.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is
Damn straight! I don't understand why you'd want to spend $30k on a truck then throw on the cheapest parts you can find when it comes to what attaches the cab to the frame or what controls how the truck rides.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Damn straight! I don't understand why you'd want to spend $30k on a truck then throw on the cheapest parts you can find when it comes to what attaches the cab to the frame or what controls how the truck rides.
It was a birthday present.. he didn't spend anything
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory450 View Post
Hello everyone I just got my tacoma for my birthday and am wondering what types of body lifts are recommended?? So I thought wha t better way to ask my fellow tacomians?! I found this one http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/toyota-...present-6-lug- ( keep in mind I'm tryin to keep the price down) any pointers or recommendations on what to do?
Are you looking to DIY or pay a shop to install the lift? A body lift is cheap on parts (just a few spacers) but is time-consuming to install. (Remove a bunch of interior pieces to get at the body mount bolts, a lot of wires and fluid lines to route.) You may find, after labor is taken into account, that a Bilstein 5100 strut lift + AAL to be cheaper overall.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's still a $30k truck, logic still applies Who's side are you on anyways?!?!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #15

Quote:
It's still a $30k truck, logic still applies Who's side are you on anyways?!?!
Yours lol, but to him it was a free truck lol so he might not see your logic
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
Poor College Student
User Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar....El Yoghurt
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am running a spacer lift in the front and in the back........ I regret doing so everytime that I see them. I am just waiting ro ger a new job and to save some cash to do billies up front and a add a leaf on the rear. Try to stay away from spacers. Take it from someone who has them.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
Kory450

Kory450's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
Do you have to get a body lift? If so, then I cannot tell, link is broken. How about a "leveling kit"?
I'm sorry I ment leveling kit I know body lifts are junk I have installed body lifts before..
Old 09-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
Kory450

Kory450's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't mean body lift.. I have installed body lifts before they are pretty lame and cheap I understand .. I was looking at leveling kits on fat bobs garage and was wondering what is good for leveling kits
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
Kory450

Kory450's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really?? Because I have been saving my money since I was two. I put 22k down and have 7 thousand to pay off so I'm pretty sure I did spend something! My life's savings and i am very proud of it sir thanks for the tips
Old 09-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Really?? Because I have been saving my money since I was two. I put 22k down and have 7 thousand to pay off so I'm pretty sure I did spend something! My life's savings and i am very proud of it sir thanks for the tips
You said you got it for your birthday, I assumed it was a present. Props to you for saving for the truck, I am doing the same thing

Oh and save a little more and buy 5100s not a spacer lift