Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ADVICE NEEDED: Icon 2.5" Coilovers on Craigslist

Old 09-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
acrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud of
acrossawire's Tacoma Gallery
ADVICE NEEDED: Icon 2.5" Coilovers on Craigslist

Need some advice:

Thinking about upgrading my front 2.5" spacer lift as my stock shocks are sagging quite a bit at 34k.

Stumbled across these on Craigslist. Seller had them rebuilt 25k ago & just had them topped off with nitrogen. Cosmetically they are not perfect, but claims they are in good working order. Unsure on total mileage as seller is the 2nd owner. Looks like the sway bar relocation brackets are missing. Any idea how much longer they will last before needing a rebuild? Asking $600 for the set.

Good deal?
Attached Thumbnails
ADVICE NEEDED: Icon 2.5" Coilovers on Craigslist-photo.jpg   ADVICE NEEDED: Icon 2.5" Coilovers on Craigslist-photo1.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you get them, send them for a rebuild before installing them. A rebuild includes a warranty, and you'll know if there are any issues with them.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
acrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud ofacrossawire has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you get them, send them for a rebuild before installing them. A rebuild includes a warranty, and you'll know if there are any issues with them.
any idea on what that runs?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossawire View Post
any idea on what that runs?
Between 100 and 200 bucks, but it makes them like new with a warranty. Hit up Down south motor sports.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been in touch with that guy about those icons for sale....

I personally would get them rebuilt if you buy them from him. If I recall correctly, he was asking $650 at first then went down to $600. He's also cut the top plate(to be like the newer Icon design) and replaced the Icon Nitrogen refill nozzle with one that was easier for him to get refilled.

Did you end up picking these up from him?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
I've been in touch with that guy about those icons for sale....

I personally would get them rebuilt if you buy them from him. If I recall correctly, he was asking $650 at first then went down to $600. He's also cut the top plate(to be like the newer Icon design) and replaced the Icon Nitrogen refill nozzle with one that was easier for him to get refilled.

Did you end up picking these up from him?
thanks for the feedback- No, haven't purchased. With the cost of the rebuild & shipping, looks like it doesn't make sense for me to pull the trigger on these.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on new Icon reg. travel coil overs from Down South. Went ahead a got the 2.0 rear shocks & Icon AAL as well.

Question for chris4x4 (or anyone running this set up): should i keep my factory overload spring w/ the new AAL or pull it? heard of people doing it both ways. I do quite of bit of towing if that influences one way or the other.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossawire View Post
Just pulled the trigger on new Icon reg. travel coil overs from Down South. Went ahead a got the 2.0 rear shocks & Icon AAL as well.

Question for chris4x4 (or anyone running this set up): should i keep my factory overload spring w/ the new AAL or pull it? heard of people doing it both ways. I do quite of bit of towing if that influences one way or the other.
I'd keep it in there.

Matt
Old 10-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I'd keep it in there.
Thats what she said.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Thats what she said.
Goddamn it John.

Matt