Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension/Lift - not TOO cheap

Old 09-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
GroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the rough

GroundControl's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension/Lift - not TOO cheap

OK, so I searched and didn't find ideas in other threads. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I have a 01 Tacoma 4x4 single cab, reg bed. Basic 4x4. 2.7Ltr, 5-speed. I bought it new and recently decided to take it offroad some on weekends with my local, fellow offroaders. I added a set of 265/75R16 MT's and removed my sway bar.

After visiting a couple offroad parks and riding local trails, I'm still looking for more articulation. Can I get some advice on lift kits, suspension lift kits, leveling kits, etc I could buy and get more flex in the ruts and inclines? I would like to keep it under $1000 for parts. I work in an auto dealership and the labor would be zero cost to me. Maybe buy lunch for a couple of the techs in our shop. I hope to be able to maneuver a few deep ruts and washouts by Winter. I'm not much into mudslinging. Mostly crawling, hills, forest trails, dirt trails, that sort.

Also, it's my dd. Around 10 miles/day round trip @ around 65mph zones. Need to stay road safe too.

Dale
Old 09-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
You must not have looked hard enough this site is a gold mine of information on many things but lifts above all. You even posted in the correct "suspension" section so you know where to look.

Lifts are very subjective and there are so many choices that it depends on you. Ride height desired, driving style, type of off roading you do, terrain you'll be off roading on, and many other factors affect what lift you should get.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
GroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the rough

GroundControl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
You must not have looked hard enough this site is a gold mine of information on many things but lifts above all. You even posted in the correct "suspension" section so you know where to look.

Lifts are very subjective and there are so many choices that it depends on you. Ride height desired, driving style, type of off roading you do, terrain you'll be off roading on, and many other factors affect what lift you should get.
Ok thanks. I'll try to delete this and keep searching.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Be looking up mid-travel suspensions. It'll consist of front coilovers and new ucas and a new rear leaf pack and shocks and a few other things. Look up builds that have MT and see if you like it. After that would be long travel. That gets $$$ quick but there is a wealth of knowledge here about it.