1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf spring height for 2 inch lift in front?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DoctorN, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Sep 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    DoctorN

DoctorN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 TRD Off Road
    I am looking at adding a 2 inch lift to my truck eventually, and want to know what is a good leaf package to replace my stock non-TSB leafs?

I will be adding Bilstein 5100s with OME 884x springs up front to yield a 2 inch lift up front. Unfortunately with all the searching I've done, there's not a lot of information on lifting the rear to level out with a front 2 inch lift, other than installing an AAL. I DO NOT want to install an AAL package, because of how worn out my non-TSB springs already are. The squeak is bad, and so is the ride, so I would like to replace them completely.

What is a good leaf spring package that will level out my truck with the addition of the 2 inch lift up front that aren't going to squeak, and will soften out the ride a bit? I don't mind the truck to lean forward a bit, but I prefer to have it level if possible. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    With just 2" in the front, you don't really want any lift in the back. 2" up front is about what you need to level out the truck. Wheeler's Off Road sells some decent leafs that maintain almost stock height. You could also look at the Dakar leafs and pull one of the leafs out and get about 1.5" of lift.....you'll about maintain the stock rake if you do that. Dakars are AWESOME leafs.

3. Sep 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    SAXD Taco

SAXD Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB, 4X4, MGM
    N-Fab Steps, BakFlip F1, TRD Accessory Skid Plate, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liner Floormats
    I think wheelers has a replacement leaf pack that lifts 1.5".

4. Sep 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You will get more than 1.5" of lift from Dakars with the 3rd removed

5. Sep 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    DoctorN

DoctorN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 TRD Off Road
    I went and checked out what Wheelers offered, and I saw this pack: Anyone have any experience with this pack? Quality, flex, squeek?

I also saw the Deaver pack, which to me looks pretty hefty, but the description says 1"-1.5" lift. Will this be too much to level the truck? I don't mind a mild rake as long as it's no more than the stock look.

6. Sep 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    SAXD Taco

SAXD Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB, 4X4, MGM
    N-Fab Steps, BakFlip F1, TRD Accessory Skid Plate, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liner Floormats
    I don't have any experience with either pack but I imagine that with a 1-1.5" lift in the rear and 2" up front you should have less rake than stock but no bro lean. The back should be higher by .5-1"

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top