1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

You want ANOTHER billstein thread...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cbcs1987, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mar 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    ....then you got one.

I have changed my mind more than anybody in the history of liftin trucks about what I want. The only lift I can afford is the billstein 5100s at 2.5 with rear aal. I also would love to run some 285 75 16 bfg mud terrains on there on the stock rims. I know that with a 3" lift I would need wheel spacers to do that and remove the mudflaps. But will anything else be required to run this set up since im just gettin billsteins? I'm not even sure if the tires will fit on a 2.5" lift and stock tires. Helps appreciated.

2. Mar 9, 2009 at 4:52 AM
    muliefever

muliefever Muliefever

Member:
    Tillamook, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    14' DCSB TRD
    5100's, 887', CB, 265's, FM Deltaflow
    You should be fine. A guy I work bought a taco just like yours, came with 285/75/16 BFG AT's, They rubbed his UCA's a little, that was it. With the AAl, you may want shims too.

3. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Thanks for the heads up. what exactly are shims? Did he have a lift or anything on the front of his truck?

4. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The shims are small angled wedge shapped peices that you install under the rear leaf springs to help maintain the factory alignment of the drive shaft to the pinion on the rear diff. Personally, no need to install them unless you develop vibrations. The lifts I have installed, havent had any vibs, and shims were not used. With the 2.5" lift, and 285/75/16's, your gonna have a good amount of rubbing either the fenders (if you use wheel spacers) or the UCA (if no spacers), or both....

5. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    +1. I replaced my UCAs at the same time I lifted my truck, so I'm not sure how much you'd be rubbing them with the wider tires. But, I will say that your probably going to have rubbing on the body mount with just 2.5". My lift was 3" (285/75s on stock rims with spacers) and I did just a little fender trimming. I installed my winch a few days ago, dragging the front end down almost 1/2" and I'm rubbing more than just the fender when the suspension flexes any. I simply need to crank my coilovers back up, but I believe you're gonna have some issues with those wide tires with only 2.5" of lift...

Products Discussed in

To Top