Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need input on a local shops quote.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
JburnEOD is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Explosive Ordnance Disposal
JburnEOD's Tacoma Gallery
Need input on a local shops quote.

Alright, so I am moving shortly and don't have time to install any of this myself so I got the local Martin tire to quote me out some stuff. Can you guys let me know what you think. Sorry I don't have individual prices just the total he gave me over the phone just now. Been working with him a week and finally decided on this:

4x 16" procomp 7032's
4x toyo 285/75/16 open country a/t
OME 3" lift with Dakar leafs 885s up front
Full service (oil, tranny, brake pad replace, chassis bolt tighten, fluids, realignment, pretty much everything)
Labor (he said will probably be less)

About $4500 total for shipping of parts and everything and he said he shot it high by a couple hundred.

He talked with the OME guys and got me everything I need for a true 3" level and lift gave them my vin and all my info and worked with them for a few days so I will get exactly what I want. I don't feel like they are trying to play me at all. They put in a lot of legwork for not seeing any money yet.

Your thoughts? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Sorry, I was quoted 1400$ for lift. Dakar, spacers and bushings so pretty much everything. On the Toytec site they come out to 1369$.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
After doing a little math and being pretty conservative on prices, I would suspect they are charging approx $700 for just the suspension install. All other services were included in my calc which means they are making more for labor in addition to profiting of the cost of goods.

Do you think $700 to install that kit is a good deal?

My thought:
Price out just getting the oil change and shit on its own, buy the wheels and tires already mounted and balanced with sensors, shop the kit (cheack out pricing everywhere), and find a place to do the install with the parts you bring them. You do this and you should save some $$$$.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
That's a lot of work, expect any shop to charge a decent service fee. Learning to do things on your own or with help from local members will save you tons and you'll learn more about your truck! I didn't know jack shit about tacomas or anything mechanical but learned to do everything myself.

Just my .02!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
I understand. I am just leaving soon and I need new tires so I got this quote because I don't have time to install.