Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Considering a Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit For My 98 TRD 4x4 Tacoma AccCb- Want Your Opin

Old 09-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
pimpedsupra is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
pimpedsupra's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Considering a Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit For My 98 TRD 4x4 Tacoma AccCb- Want Your Opin

Greetings everyone. My name's Joe and I'm brand new to this forum and I want your opinion on a Toytec lift kit I am looking at. I'll make this as short as I can. I have a 98 TRD Limited 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab 3.4 L truck with about 276,000 miles on it now. I'm the original owner of the truck and all of the suspension is still original with the exception of the shocks being replaced about 150,000 miles ago. After all the miles, she's ready for some TLC. My lower ball joints finally need replacement and my suspension is also super bouncy and soft right now to a point where it's like you're on a damn boat after a bad lunch. With all that said, I got some initial pricing on and I'm considering a Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit with the 600 lb front coils, 5100 Bilsteins, and the add a leaf for the back. I'm concerned most about what the ride, tracking, and overall driving quality will be after the Toytec lift is installed. I do mostly highway driving and just a little off road stuff. I mainly want a good, smooth, somewhat firm ride and for the truck to not be hard to drive on longer drives. If any of you have direct experience with the same or similar truck as mine with a Toytec or a better quality full lift kit, let me know about your experience. * If there are any of you in or near St Louis, MO who have this kit on your Tacoma and you'd be willing to give me a short test ride, let me know. I'll pay for your gas or dinner or drinks are on me if you can! Message me if possible.

Thanks to anyone who can give me your 2 cents on this. Buying the stock suspension new appears to me more expensive than this Toytec lift is actually, so to me, the Toytec kit seems to be the way to go and I can save a few $ over the stock parts?

Here is Toytec's description of the lift kit I am looking at.

ULTAC-955

Ultimate lift package for 95.5-2004 Tacoma

Our engineers selected these products for a complete lift for your Tacoma. This kit offers the best ride and performance on and off road.

Includes:

TAFCS---600 ToyTec/Bilstein Adjustable coilovers featuring Bilstein 5100 maintenance free shocks, adjustable from 0 to 3 1/2" lift.

Fully assembled front bolt on lift, no spring compressor required. (spanner wrench included for adjustment).

3 different coils available 500 LB coils (for 4cyl and std cab models only)

600lb coils will handle additional front weight on all models

HD 650lb coils should not be used without 200 LBS additional front weight from aftermarket accessories (Heavy bumper and or winch)

Preset 2 1/2" to 3" lift. No spring compressor needed; fully assembled for a bolt on front lift.

TAC-DR - Front Diff drop kit

TAC-AL - ToyTec Rear 2" lift "long" add-a-leafs featuring anti friction pads for quiet ride or choose from shackles or complete rear springs
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
Any thoughts or opinions from my original post on the Toytec lifts?

I was hoping I'd hear from some of you on my post. I'm thinking about buying the Ultimate Lift Kit soon and really want some of your honest opinions about ride after the lift compared to stock suspension like the TRD stock kit like I have. Thanks in advance if you an offer up your opinions or insight.

- Joe
Old 10-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...it-owners.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-opinions.html

Welcome to TW
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Thanks Flatblack! The links you posted were very helpful. Do you have the Toytec ULK yourself? I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the purchase. I just need to talk with a few more folks on their overall experience versus the stock suspension and about the ride quality.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpedsupra View Post
Thanks Flatblack! The links you posted were very helpful. Do you have the Toytec ULK yourself? I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the purchase. I just need to talk with a few more folks on their overall experience versus the stock suspension and about the ride quality.
You're welcome!
Nope, I don't have it - I'm sitting at stock height

Jump into one of those threads or a similiar one
There's tons of people with tons of knowledge here
Old 10-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #6
Quick update on my search. So I've done more research on which overall lift setup I want to go with for my 98 Tacoma and now I'm leaning towards an OME coil set up front with Billsteins 5100s shocks all around and probably Wheeler's leafs for the back (or possibly the Dakars). See below, I copied the parts options Wheelers quoted me. Dan and Josh at Wheelers seem very knowledgeable and I've read some good comments about them. I've also noticed a lot of good comments about the OME 881 spring and the OME stuff in general, more so than the Toytec ULK even. Stay tuned, but I think I'm going to make my purchase through Wheelers soon.

OME 2881 Front Coil Set
BIL BE5-D558-TO 95-04 Tacoma Front Strut, Adjustable Seat Bilstein 5100 *NOTE: LOWEST SPRING SEAT NOTCH PROVIDES STOCK RIDE HEIGHT, SECOND NOTCH UP PROVIDES APPROXIMATELY 1.25" LIFT, TOP NOTCH PROVIDES APPROXIMATELY 2.5" LIFT W/ STOCK COILS.
WHE TPS14 1/4" Polyurethane Top Plate Spacer, Black BIL BE5-D559-TO 95-04 Tacoma, Rear Driver Side Shock , Bilstein 5100, Ext – 21.6” / Col – 13.9” *Note: This shock is designed to be mounted with the canister up BIL BE5-D560-TO 95-04 Tacoma, Rear Passenger Side Shock, Bilstein 5100, Ext- 22.6” / Col –14.7 ” *Note: This shock is designed to be mounted with the canister up REV BPK-1 Brake Prop Valve Spacer Kit, Tacoma
WHE MP3HD 3 Leaf Heavy Duty Progressive AAL Set (use U6754 Tacoma, 918212 05+ Taco, Tundra) (INST 006)
MCB MCU918212QC U-Bolt, 7.5" X 2.5" X 9/16", Square Bend, Plated w/ Plated Hardware
WHE AC598L 5 Leaf Spring, 98-04 Tacoma, Driver Side WHE AC598R 5 Leaf Spring, 98-04 Tacoma, Passenger Side
ES 60MM TOY BUSH KIT
**LIGHTLY GREASE THESE BUSHINGS AND SLEEVES PRIOR TO ASSEMBLY
MCB MCU918212QC U-Bolt, 7.5" X 2.5" X 9/16", Square Bend, Plated w/ Plated Hardware