LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Suspension w Resi, Lost wiper fluid Resivoir??

Old 09-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Dreamn and Sceamn is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Dreamn and Sceamn's Tacoma Gallery
Mid Suspension w Resi, Lost wiper fluid Resivoir??

I have a first gen, 01 Tacoma and I just had ICON extended travel suspension with external resi's installed, the folks that did my installation took out my windshield wiper reservoir due to the mounting of the external resi at 90* on the passengers side...

Has anyone else had this same problem??
Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
there should be no need to remove the washer reservoir. The holes on the res bracket will line up with one of the holes that the rubber dust guards is in. maybe they did not use the right holes for the bracket. Should be mounted close to the coilover bucket, not closer the front of the truck.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Dreamn and Sceamn is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Dreamn and Sceamn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply, I got down and checked it out and found the "mounting holes" from the dust guards and it looked like the resi had been mounted as far back as it could have been..

The '01 Tacomas had a recall on the frame and the hole thing had been replaced so I'm wondering if the new frames dust guard mounts were in different spots than the original?

I guess now I'm just left wondering how to modify the plastic windshield fluid reservoir to fit it back in!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
Easy, remove the remote reservoir bracket, re position it, drill 2 new holes for the self taping bolts that hold the bracket, re install the windshield reservoir in its factory spot.

I think you drill the holes out with a 11/32 bit for the 3/8 self taping bolts.

My truck is a 03, and the holes lined up perfect.

Good luck