Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Has Anyone Done Spacer Lift w/ Bilstein 5100 & Eibachs?

Old 09-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Has Anyone Done Spacer Lift w/ Bilstein 5100 & Eibachs?

I'm bored on a Sunday and started wondering if it could be done and if anyone on here has done it. I searched and got nothing. Anywaaay:

I've got an '01 with Bilstein 5100's set at 0" paired with Eibach springs. Can a spacer lift be added with that or is that bad news? In the rear, I've got the ToyTec AAL. How would I level out the rear end if a spacer lift was added? Add another leaf lol?

This isn't really something I'm dead-set on doing...like I said, I'm bored and my mind has begun to wander
Old 09-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
it'd be stupid to do

if you're running eibachs up front without any armor, you're already at 3"; any more than that and you'll be putting a shit ton of stress on your suspension
Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
it'd be stupid to do

if you're running eibachs up front without any armor, you're already at 3"; any more than that and you'll be putting a shit ton of stress on your suspension
What kind of stress is it putting on the suspension? I assume the angles on the arms would be stressed a lot, but would there be actual stress on the shock or spring?

Again, this is all theoretical. I don't plan on doing this...just curious
Old 01-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLP View Post
Bump? Been wondering the same thing and I haven't found anything on here about it. Seen one guy on instagram with new coil springs plus a 2" spacer up front with no problems.
It's a bad idea lol. I did some more research and, from what I gathered, if you hit a pothole or bump or anything, you risk shattering a UCA. 3" is about as high as you can go without replacing UCA's.