Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Soft rear suspension

Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
Logan22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
Logan22's Tacoma Gallery
Soft rear suspension

I have an 06 4x4 double cab trd sr5 with 150,000 miles on it and it has very soft rear suspension. It doesn't have the tsb done and I am no longer under warranty. I want to be able to pull my mowing trailer with my zero turn or my trailer with my honda rincon fourwheeler on it without my truck bottoming out and hitting the stopper every little bump I go over. I would really like to be able to put my honda foreman fourwheeler in the bed and have the suspension to haul it with no problem. What should I buy or do if I want to keep the stock height of the rear but want higher towing capabilities? Would bilstein 5100's help? My truck will bottom out even with just 4 people in the cab while not towing anything if I hit a bump going about 55 mph.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Your gonna need new springs. Old man emu makes good heavy duty parts for relatively low price or you can't go wrong with some deavers made to your specifications if you got the money and really want to haul that in the bed.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
A new spring pack, or an add-a-leaf is going to provide lift. You could run airbags. They would allow you to adjust, to match the load you have.
http://wheelersoffroad.com/product-c...n-and-chassis/