LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 or Toytec Ultimate Lift

Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Lucky Luc is on a distinguished road

Lucky Luc's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 or Toytec Ultimate Lift

I have been reading many posts about the bilstein 5100 and everybody seems to like it. But I'm not sure which option I will go with.
I have have a 09 double cab TRD (with 4 leafs).

Option 1: Bilstein 5100 on all corners with Toytec AAL like roxspin72 did to name one see link http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...72s-build.html

Option 2: Toytec Ultimate lift kit just like jolayiv just posted http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...er-photos.html

My goal is to put 33" tires for the summer and stock tires for the winter (with spacers).

Now I know the Ultimate kit is more money and I don't mind paying more if it's worth the extra cash and it looks awesome. Which one of the two would ride better or stiffer?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Depends on your budget:

I went 5100's for now, but plan on upgrading to the Adj. C/O's

I like the Ultimate kit, but not to enthusiastic about the procomp shocks.

Soo, If you can afford it, get the Toytech C/O's. Im barely clearing my 33's w/my billies set @ 2.5", but the ride sure does feel alot better than the previous set up. The TT C/Os will allow more lift, and the higher rate springs wont sag as much as the OEM springs.

Good luck on your choice...
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
What are your intentions for the truck? Just for looks or what?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
What are your intentions for the truck? Just for looks or what?
Mainly for looks and to fit my 33". I could take it out in the mud but it's not my goal.

thanks for you answer as well roxspin
Old 03-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
I say go with the CO's if you can swing it. I have no complaints at all with this set up. I think the CO's would ride better than the Billies set at 2.5".
Old 03-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Can't tell you about the ride at the 2.5 setting,(mine was at 1.75) Then went w/this....http://toyteclifts.com/components/co...babddab128.jpg The ride now is soooo much better/smoother.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #7

Thanks guys I really appreciate your help.

I'm going to get a quote tomorrow on the TT ultimate kit and TC arms and probably my wallet will take a hit.