Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Members with spacer lifts: Are they really THAT bad?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
mr05taco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
mr05taco's Tacoma Gallery
Members with spacer lifts: Are they really THAT bad?

I just bought my 265/75/16s and I'm ready to lift the truck. I've done countless searches on all the lifts, and I would go for the 5100s if I had the money. As a college student who works at shoprite, I don't have much of a budget. I'm considering the readylift 3" front spacer w/ diff drop and 2" block for 240$. I don't plan on doing any serious offroading. I'm willing to sacrifice a little ride quality to save money. What do you guys think?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
For your purposes they will be fine.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
they are fine for what you need.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
They're bad even on road. My friend has 3 inch spacers on his second gen and says it rides great so idk bout 2nd gens
Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
StickerHI.Com Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conor
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
5100's are 309.00 for the full set of 4 from Down south.

blocks are dirt cheap.

just skip the bar one night and do it right.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
mr05taco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
mr05taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't I have to buy coils for the shocks? I researched it but I'm kindof confused
Old 10-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr05taco View Post
I just bought my 265/75/16s and I'm ready to lift the truck. I've done countless searches on all the lifts, and I would go for the 5100s if I had the money. As a college student who works at shoprite, I don't have much of a budget. I'm considering the readylift 3" front spacer w/ diff drop and 2" block for 240$. I don't plan on doing any serious offroading. I'm willing to sacrifice a little ride quality to save money. What do you guys think?
Been there, did that...DON'T do it! Listen to everyone on saving for better, even 5100's
Old 10-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Mine felt like shit even on road....just be prepared. I had the off road suspension though and the progressive coils could have been the issue. Skip the diff drop.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #9
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
spacers add preload on coil, 5100's add preload on coil (if keeping stock springs), both ride like crap (my experience)...
Old 10-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #10
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Do it once, do it right.

Save the $$ if need be.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #11
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
spacers add preload on coil, 5100's add preload on coil (if keeping stock springs), both ride like crap (my experience)...
not always.

i had spacers that bolted to the top of the front sprint top hats. ride was the exact same as stock. as you are not preloading the spring. if you put a block on the the rear, guess what, it will ride just like stock lol. you will get more axle wrap but its not horable.

if this is all the money you have and you dont plan on offroading it much it works great.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #12
FATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Artillery! Boom
Name: Friends call me Ginger
FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat when I bought my truck. Went with blocks and spacers, ended up keeping them on the truck for 100k miles, no issues. Experienced axle wrap only a couple times during emergency braking. Kinda weird the first time you feel it, but no biggie and nothing was ever damaged. Just upgraded to Dakars outback. Oh, and i never needed a diff drop.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #13
Got the Fever
D1EHARD is on a distinguished road

D1EHARD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running hell bent steel 2.5" top plate spacers on the front with Low Range offroad tapered 1" blocks in the rear. With my sport coils it rides identically to stock. The only difference is the heavier, stiffer tires. It clears 285's no problem and looks great in my opinion.

All together was less than $175 and install was about 1.5 hours.