Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2009 TRD Sport....does this look right?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
2009 TRD Sport....does this look right?

I always thought rear springs were supposed to have an arc. These things are flat as a pancake. Is that normal?
Attached Thumbnails
2009 TRD Sport....does this look right?-image.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota problems
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Well used or a bit saggy, but it happens. Check and make sure none of the leaves have cracked and pay attention to how it rides.
If they are too warn out you'll feel bottoming out.
This is from towing a boat no doubt because it's the only real load I put on the suspension. The truck only has 42k on the odometer and I only tow maybe 10 times/year. It does bottom out when towing but I checked the bump stops and it doesn't look like they are hitting. Would this fall under the TSB category do you think?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
get a new leaf pack problem solved
Old 10-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Axle wrap? Traction bars? Mine are flat as well, I have 85k on the meter. I load up to the gvwr regularly. I'd say you have some time left, but, better safe than sorry.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
CCPTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Noah
CCPTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My '09 TRD Sport also went flat on me around 50k miles. put in AAL and blistein 5100 fixed it right up (i also lifted front but the back susp. was what the question was about.) My truck also had spacers and blocks on when i bought it though....
Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
lightinglark956 is on a distinguished road
Name: pat
lightinglark956's Tacoma Gallery
09 falls in the tsb ,does it have 2 springs and a overload ( 3 springs ) or 3 +1 ( 4 spring ) depends on your dealer I got tired of messing with mine and ordered an ome 2 stage leaf package
Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
TSB is only done under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty

Not gonna happen
Old 10-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
TSB is only done under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty

Not gonna happen
I have an extended warranty
Old 10-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinglark956 View Post
09 falls in the tsb ,does it have 2 springs and a overload ( 3 springs ) or 3 +1 ( 4 spring ) depends on your dealer I got tired of messing with mine and ordered an ome 2 stage leaf package
3 springs on mine. I may go with aftermarket springs and 5100's and skip the toyota route
Old 10-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
I have an extended warranty
Good luck
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
So I'm still looking into my options and the choices are mind boggling. Does it make sense to add a leaf to a spent pack? I'd rather spend the money on a new pack I think but everything I'm seeing adds 3".

- Is there a good pack for towing that I can install without needing a bunch more mods? I'm assuming I will need shocks also and this is ok. Recommendations?
- Once the LP is changed, I will need to raise the front to level it out. What's the easiest way to accomplish this and again, without changing uca and brake lines, etc
- Depending on the answers to 1 & 2, how big can I go on tires to mount on a new set of 17" x 7.5 rims with a -6 offset?
-
Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #15
I saw those in another thread. Is that literally the only option to change the LP without a significant lift? Are the Toyota 4 leaf packs any good?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
I saw those in another thread. Is that literally the only option to change the LP without a significant lift? Are the Toyota 4 leaf packs any good?
The Toyota 4 leaf packs suck , I think the Wheelers pack is a good way to go , you can also remove a leaf from them if you want less lift
Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #17
So Wheeler's in the back, and from what else I am reading OME 884's (or other brand equivalent) in the front and maybe 5100's all around should do the trick. What size tires could I get away with on this setup? I was looking at MB TKO's in 17"/7.5" with a -6 offset.

How much should this cost to have all of this installed not including an alignment?

nd one last thing on the Wheelers.......HD or not? I understand the HD's are for constant load which I don't have, but I do tow a 4,000lb boat all summer long.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #18
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Post up in the MA thread or NE thread. People might be willing to help for some beers etc