Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Used Shocks - Should I be able to move by hand?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
taylorsTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
taylorsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Used Shocks - Should I be able to move by hand?

I bought some used billies from someone, not local.

Should I be able to move them in and out by hand, and if so, how easy should it be?

Trying to validate that they are in good working order upon delivery before coordinating an install.

The front (eibachs/billies/toytec adjustable - spanner wrench - setup) is already assembled.

Also, can I run the rear extended length billies (from the Toytec ultimate lift setup) without adding an AAL/Leaf Pack.

Thinking about just leveling it out for now, maybe going with a full dakar leaf pack later.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If they're 5100's, you should be able to cycle them by hand but there is a decent amount of resistance.