Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's install for Dummies!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
5100's install for Dummies!

Tried searching for a picture loaded "How to install rear 5100s" on here but can't find one. Anyone care to chime in or point me in the right direction. I would like to do this myself. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
just lift the rear, place some jack stands on the rearend to stablize the truck. Next loosen the bottom nut and the top. Installing is a little tricky, apply the bottom first then the top last. Getting the bottom bushing in will take some elbow grease. It's alot easier for the driver side than the pass. Just don't lose you cool. Make sure you torque the bolts to specs. Hav fun
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
Easy!!! I did mine on the ground yesterday.. Put the top of the shock through the hole up top. And then muscle the shock into place, lifting it will make it easy because you don't have to compress the shock as far!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Your motivation...

My STEALERship wanted about $400 to install the rears ($189+tax /side)

I have the tools (and friends) to do it myself but was hoping they could do it while adding my TSB springs - no dice!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
rears are cake..Fronts are a bit more involved
Old 03-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
check out this thread, i had a bit of trouble at first too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...g-top-nut.html
Old 03-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Your motivation...

My STEALERship wanted about $400 to install the rears ($189+tax /side)

I have the tools (and friends) to do it myself but was hoping they could do it while adding my TSB springs - no dice!

I got lucky with my dealer. They performed the TSB installed all 5100s at my suuggested setting in the front. The gave me all 4 Bilsteins that came with the TSB for me to keep or sell...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
If you installed 5100's on the fronts, can you add a spacer on top of that?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yea you can still use spacers, but your shocks should be at the lowest setting. So dont try and use the lift on both the shock and the spacers.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
Tried searching for a picture loaded "How to install rear 5100s" on here but can't find one. Anyone care to chime in or point me in the right direction. I would like to do this myself. Thanks.

hey dude. i did mine last weekend. it was way easy. i could come help you if you would like.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
The reason I was asking is that I want to get some 295/70/17s under my truck and use the 5100's if at all possible. Then I was thinking about adding an ARB bumber on it. That sucker weighs about 100 lbs and would make the front end sag about 1". If that happens I may start rubbing again. So I was thinking that If I went with 5100's I could add the spacer to help overcome that sag and not rub. I like the revtek 426 kit for 3 inches of lift but will have the same issue later with the sag. With that kit they are already adding in spacers and I did not think it was a good idea to add spacers on top of spacres... at least from what I read. It makes sense...