Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

installing 5100s up front

Old 03-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
installing 5100s up front

just got a set of 5100's for the front and im champing at the bit to install them but I want to be fully prepared before i dive into this.
Does anyone have pics on how to install these? or a list of things to do so i can make sure and not miss anything while in doing it?
Ive got a shop with a lift and spring compressor to use, I just need a little more knowledge
Old 03-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Hydrabyte will become famous soon enoughHydrabyte will become famous soon enough
Marines: 3533
Hydrabyte's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Cant assist with the front installs, paid a local 4x4 shop for that however the rears took 30 minutes by myself. Now that I have all (4) 5100's on I'll join the chorus - VERY nice ride although I still need an alignment.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
save yourself some cash..take them out and bring them in off the truck to switch out the fronts.

I priced it out to where I work...I was going to pay 300 for 2 monroe struts installed, with an alignment.

I ordered billy 5100's and i took them into the shop i work for. Threw them in the spring compressor and took me 20 minutes. Reinstalled in my truck in my driveway. Im saving to get an alignment next month.

It was 175 for the struts, and about 68 for the alignment. I saved myself ALOT of cash.

The biggest part about doing this job is the labor you pay to take them in and out of the truck.