LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sagging springs

Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Sagging springs

I'm thinking about getting the Toy Tech 3" lift for my truck. My leaf springs are sagging a little bit and I'm wondering if they should be replaced or if the add-a-leaf in the kit would bring them back up?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
AALs won't do jack to fix the rear sag. You have 2 options for the rear: get new leaf packs or get them re-arched at a spring shop.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didn't know you could get them re-arched. Any idea how much that runs?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nope, no clue, sorry.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
when it comes to parts, i always opt to replace not repair. Unless money is too tight i never repair components i just replace them. They are old, and the metal has already been worn and stressed, i think just having them re-arched would be a very temporary solution
Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #6

This is no temporary truck. Temporary repairs just won't do!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Then if i were you i'd get a new leaf pack and you wont have to worry about it for a long time
Old 09-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #8
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
in my opinion AALs will help with your sag. Adding a leaf spring will reduce the amount of weight the original ones have to hold up. This will lift the rear end and reduce the sagging effect.

An add a leaf will raise the rear about 2". so if your sag in less than 2" the add a leaf system will bring it back up to the original height or higher.

Humanoid:
Why dont you think this will work?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:08 AM   #9
bite me

reid, I don't think they will work because AALs are just that, adding a leaf to your pack, you'll still have old leaf packs that are worn and should be replaced. It will raise the rear end up, but IMHO it won't solve your problem... it just delays the inevitable.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, he needs a new leaf pack
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it depends on the seriousness of the sag. His truck is an 02, hopefully it has not sagged that much in just a few short years. I would be pretty pissed off if I had to replace my whole leaf pack in a few short years.

One thing to remember is that the sag is not exponential. If it has sagged 2" in 5 years it will not sag 2" in the next 5. It will gradually sag less and less, until it has settled.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #12

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Its possible the previous owner used the bed alot and wore out the springs faster than normal
Old 09-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #13

I bought this truck this year w/ 103k miles on it. I've done some rough offroading with it and loaded it overweight. Had I bought this truck new, I'd be pissed about the springs, but that's not the case. They've been around the block once or twice.