1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift kit install fun.........

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by fj40taz, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Oct 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    fj40taz

fj40taz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Williamstown, NJ
    Vehicle:
    10 Toyota Tacoma
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    well I asked a bunch of questions and still ran into a few snags..

i put the RCD 4" drop bracket kit on my truck. the kit itself is well made and fit very well..

turns out I needed a 35mm socket for the axle hub nut...

also needed a 12mm hex head socket for the front diff bolt..

i know have these tools in my tool box but it would of been helpful to know ahead of time..

anywho this was just the tip of the iceberg..

it appears there is also a know issue with the front camber adjuster freezing in place which i also experienced.. as of right now the rear lift is complete and the front is done except for the lower control arms. have the parts i need on order from rock auto..

i also bought extended brake line but as luck would have it the brake line appear to be frozen also so i said screw it for now and will address them at a different time. i am gonna soak them with wd 40 the new crap they have out and see what happens.
    so far i have 12 1/2 hours into installing the lift. did all of the work myself. def would suggest a buddy if you try to install one.

i do not have any pics as i was soooo pissed i did not even bother..

good thing my mom had an extra vehicle i could use or else i would be in a huge pickle right now...

Products Discussed in

To Top