Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RCD 4.5 vs 3" other lift

View Poll Results: Is the 4.5 RCD worth the high cost ($2100) vs a 3" ($400)
3 inches is perfect for the look and upsizing 158 41.58%
3 inches is a better value than a 4.5 69 18.16%
4.5 kit is cool but not sure its worth the money 115 30.26%
4.5 + kits are not worth the cash if not off roading 38 10.00%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
Does your truck get the vibrations from the front differentials or driveshaft that most people get when they lift their 4x4 taco?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #22
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, no vibes...the ride is really smoth
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that RCD lift looks badass on your truck peejay! Nice job!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I think 3 inches is perfect.
is that what she said?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #25
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
is that what she said?
that's what cardboard says at least...
Old 04-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #26
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Wish that lift worked on the 09. Unfortunately they havent got it working on the 09 with the VSC option. Im not going to wait and be a guniea pig so I am just going with the ProComp 6" which already works with the VSC.

That RCD kit also comes with that drop bracket which would eliminate most if not all of the front vibrations.

Looks awesome though.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #27
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
Wish that lift worked on the 09. Unfortunately they havent got it working on the 09 with the VSC option. Im not going to wait and be a guniea pig so I am just going with the ProComp 6" which already works with the VSC.

That RCD kit also comes with that drop bracket which would eliminate most of not all of the front vibrations.

Looks awesome though.
buy the allpro longtravel kit instead. its twice the price, but you will be happier in the end, better handling and better offroad.

its a 4.5" lift
Old 04-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #28
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 283 View Post
Screw that! $2800 for a couple control arms and a longer brake line? Sounds like a scam to me.
ya but tha RCD kit is $2100...

I'd rather go all-pro for that kind of $$
Old 04-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #29
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Screw that! $2800 for a couple control arms and a longer brake line? Sounds like a scam to me.
Allpro kit gives you travel and stability as well as the ability to run 35s...

RCS doesnt provide even 1 of those benefits.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #30
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
so much $$$$$ =/
Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #31
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
I have the RCD kit on my 08 and its hella stable.. And the 285's that i have on there look good.

There is alot of questions that you have to ask the ALL Pro guys. Their kit doesnt come with shocks or the extended axle's if you have 4wd, they will tell you that over the phone.

I checked out the ALL Pro tacoma's at the TDS Desert Safari this year. And they look good, the kit is definetly sick looking.

It all boils down to how much you want to spend. If your not going to be bombing across the desert at 50 mph. why spend close to 5k for the lift. Unless your working on a show truck.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #32
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
The ProComp 6" stage II with MX shocks with new 18" XD wheels and 33x12.5 toyos is about $5300 installed out the door. I havent even got to the TRD S/C install and TRD exhaust yet. This will eat up all my tax return on these few mods and then a few dollars. I will need to find a few more write offs next year to make up for this overage.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #33
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
The ProComp 6" stage II with MX shocks with new 18" XD wheels and 33x12.5 toyos is about $5300 installed out the door. I havent even got to the TRD S/C install and TRD exhaust yet. This will eat up all my tax return on these few mods and then a few dollars. I will need to find a few more write offs next year to make up for this overage.
I think I like where this is going
Sounds like a sick truck in the making!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #34
Seor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I always liked RCD products better than Fabtech or ProComp. Their stuff seems more heavy duty. I had an RCD lift on my silverado and beat the crap out of it for years and had no problems. I wished CST made lifts for Tacoma's. The ony thing they have are a pair of front adjustable shocks that adjust up to 3.5" to fit 285/75/16's. CST's product quality is top notch!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #35
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
The $2800 all pro kit give you "the ability" for longer travel, but since it doesn't come with any shocks or coilovers, you are limited by the factory suspension travel. At least the RCD kit comes with extended length Bilsteins.

hey man stroke it your way.. im just telling you from experience here, I would rather have spent a little more and gotten the performance of the allpro kit.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #36
NoWayOut is on a distinguished road
NoWayOut's Tacoma Gallery
Why dont you just do a 3 inch suspension lift and a 1.5 body lift from 4crawler.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #37
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know how much u spent on a 4.5" lift. but it seems to me if u are goin g to drop the cash for a drop bracket lift then why would u not just get the 6" ?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #38
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
why pay 2100 for the RCD when you can get a full 6" pro comp suspension lift with shocks and coilovers for 2300?
RCD is betty quality.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #39
Rock Solid Toy

I would get the RCD lift and then the 6" fabtech coilovers, then you have a 6" lift with better ground clearance.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #40
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
I would get the RCD lift and then the 6" fabtech coilovers, then you have a 6" lift with better ground clearance.
now that is the right idea! if it will handle it???