LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RCD 4.5 vs 3" other lift

View Poll Results: Is the 4.5 RCD worth the high cost ($2100) vs a 3" ($400)
3 inches is perfect for the look and upsizing 158 42.59%
3 inches is a better value than a 4.5 66 17.79%
4.5 kit is cool but not sure its worth the money 110 29.65%
4.5 + kits are not worth the cash if not off roading 37 9.97%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #41
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
sure it will work... your cvs will be at an angle similar to a standard 3" lift.

Procomp and fabtech brackets are too big... they drop the diff too far.. You could run 6" COs with a 3" drop bracket. Then you would be sitting at the angles similar to a standard 3" lift.

4.5" bracket would be no problem at all.. Just $$$
Old 05-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #42
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
yea I wonder how much money the procomp 6" coilovers alone are? and you would have a set of useless 4.5" 5100's lying around, Or how bad ass would it be to be able to just buy the drop brackets, spindles etc. from RCD and piece this together
Old 05-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #43
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
yea I wonder how much money the procomp 6" coilovers alone are? and you would have a set of useless 4.5" 5100's lying around, Or how bad ass would it be to be able to just buy the drop brackets, spindles etc. from RCD and piece this together

i tried that.. they wont sell just the brackets..

dont know why, seems to me money is money this day and age

I dont see why you couldnt sell the extended billy's though, there are people with 3" + body lift that could benefit from them.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #45
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess I dont see how you can use the 4.5" bills with no drop brackets or front drive line modifications.
You cant....I think jordan is drunk...
Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #46
Rock Solid Toy

with a body lift I think you could??

no??

wish i was drunk; stupid work :/

edit: oh wait your right, the perches are on the frame..

i guess you would be stuck with some 4.5" billys
Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #47
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverseven View Post
with a body lift i think you could??

No??

Wish i was drunk; stupid work :/

edit: Oh wait your right, the perches are on the frame..

I guess you would be stuck with some 4.5" billys
lmao!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #48
Rock Solid Toy

the guy at RCD said that they only sell as a kit, but if you have the kit, they will sell replacement brackets. so if you want to try, we split the cost of the kit and then get some replacement brackets
Old 05-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #49
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
lmao!!!!!!!!!
yeah yeah yeah... lol it up big guy
Old 05-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
yeah yeah yeah... lol it up big guy
Sorry.....
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #51
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
the guy at RCD said that they only sell as a kit, but if you have the kit, they will sell replacement brackets. so if you want to try, we split the cost of the kit and then get some replacement brackets
tempting
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #52
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Sorry.....
haha dude, dont be sad! I JOKE I JOKE
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #53

Quote:
haha dude, dont be sad! I JOKE I JOKE
Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #54
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
tempting

tell you what, you get the kit, then i will pay for the replacement brackets and be the guinnea pig
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #55
East Bound and Down

dang..... the lift I have now is only 2 months old. Sounds all good in theory until i look at the financials. it is going to be an expensive summer anyhow, new tires and hopefully new bumpers front/rear and winch. I'm not absolutely convinced on DB lifts anyhow, its alot easier to get skids on without
Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #56
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
its alot easier to get skids on without
this is true, i had to make a skid and it was a BITCH and a half
Old 06-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #57
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay View Post
Here's the pics of the RCD lift on my 08 4x4...its a really smooth ride. There's 12 inches of clearance from the bottom of the drop bracket. No rub on the 285/70/17's

What rims are those?
Old 06-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #58
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Moto Metal
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #59
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
It holds up good. Very smooth ride on and off road. Right amount of lift.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #60
Yep im that Peejay..

Navy:
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
The All Pro kit is a good kit. I saw ALL Pro's Tacoma's out at TDS this year. Its expensive but functional. If your not going to be bombing out in the desert alot, if your just bouncing around town and occasionally going off road. You have to ask your self, do you want to spend the money for it. Like i said though. The all pro kit is a good kit, Long travel, but if your only mall running.. ya know.

Products Discussed in this Thread