Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RCD 4.5 vs 3" other lift

View Poll Results: Is the 4.5 RCD worth the high cost ($2100) vs a 3" ($400)
3 inches is perfect for the look and upsizing 158 41.69%
3 inches is a better value than a 4.5 69 18.21%
4.5 kit is cool but not sure its worth the money 115 30.34%
4.5 + kits are not worth the cash if not off roading 37 9.76%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #141
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks got an awesome stance. I love it man!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #142
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Calvin
andercal000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txduckhunter View Post
Trucks got an awesome stance. I love it man!
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #143
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Right now I'm in between this and a Icon stage 2 with Total chaos UCA's. Any input fellas. The axel wrap problem worries me but that can be fixed with a new leaf pack any one know what that would cost, the TC UCA's are around $600 and the Icon stage 2 and RCD are about the some price.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #144
zacksblacktaco is on a distinguished road

zacksblacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
the alcan leaf pack was 700 when i ordered mine a few months back.
i had a set of camburg coils and i was just not happy with the way my truck sat with 2" in the back and 3 up front so i got the RCD kit and i am extremely pleased with the stance and ride. i was 3800 deep after install but i dont regret it
Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #145
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
I just added ome read leaf packs to mine. Rides real nice now.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #146
toyotaT32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
toyotaT32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009tacomav6 View Post
I just added ome read leaf packs to mine. Rides real nice now.
Waiting to get my back ordered dakars... Gonna try to install them before a 1400 mile road trip along with the 886 coils and shocks with LT UCAs
Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #147
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
All these pics of the RCD but not a single one shows it performing in trails or anything.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #148
toyotaT32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
toyotaT32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
All these pics of the RCD but not a single one shows it performing in trails or anything.
Haha touché!!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #150
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post

just looks like you're on a dirt road
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #151
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
does he have to wheel it? plenty of mall crawlers out there. we all use our trucks for different things.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #152
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
does he have to wheel it? plenty of mall crawlers out there. we all use our trucks for different things.
Nope I actually got no problem with mall crawlers at all bud
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #153
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just looks like you're on a dirt road

Am I going to bash it on the rocks? Nope. I will use it get me out of tough situations that a 2wd would be digging. Snow and Sand, etc. You want to see trucks being wheeled go over to pirate
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #154
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
Am I going to bash it on the rocks? Nope. I will use it get me out of tough situations that a 2wd would be digging. Snow and Sand, etc. You want to see trucks being wheeled go over to pirate
Sorry , didn't mean to offend.
It just literally looks like you're on a dirt road IMO.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #155
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If a drop bracket is done right it can hang

Looks good sandjunkie!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #156
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd to read when I'm not on my Iphone.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #157
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
If a drop bracket is done right it can hang

Looks good sandjunkie!
Define done right and done wrong? What would you do and not do? I am considering the drop bracket lift from BDS 6 inch.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #158
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
Define done right and done wrong? What would you do and not do? I am considering the drop bracket lift from BDS 6 inch.
Done right: Coilovers (no spacers on top of stock coils), Uca's, Instead of Blocks in the rear get new springs, better shocks, Longer brake lines.

Last I saw you were on the right track ^
Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #159
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I like my RCD (if I was ever home to drive the damn truck) I'm on the street much more than trails so drivability is what matters to me and she drives like stock with the RCD. My only gripe is the blocks in the back--they have given me no problems in 3 years (1 year of drive, 2 sitting in storage). I do plan to upgrade to leaf springs because the rear will be more stable. Other than that its been great... you use stock springs with no spacers, I also have LR UCAs though--not needed however. I think 6 inch lifts make the truck look out of proportion but the 4.5 RCD is perfect.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #160
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
heres an older pic of my truck... before the black valance and debadge, but still one of my favorite