Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" Pro Comp Kit Install on a 2009 Tacoma *Pics Inside*

Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Top Gun Customz will become famous soon enough

Top Gun Customz's Tacoma Gallery
6" Pro Comp Kit Install on a 2009 Tacoma *Pics Inside*

We're in the process of installing a 6" Pro Comp Stage II lift kit # K5066BMX(1) on this 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4WD. This truck already had a 3" lift when it arrived, but we're replacing the original components with all new ones from Pro Comp. It currently runs BFGoodrich 285/65/R18s and 18"x8" wide Mamba wheels.

This kit comes with Pro Runner Coil Overs up front and MX6 shocks out back designed for excellent handling & ride quality. Stay tuned because tomorrow we'll have completed pics & feedback on how good this Pro Comp kit really is.

Please contact us! We have a full line-up of Tacoma Lift Kits & Suspension Accessories.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
wow!! thats gonna look sweet!!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
another guy with a tacoma
ToyoRunner has a spectacular aura aboutToyoRunner has a spectacular aura about
ToyoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
wow!! thats gonna look sweet!!
x2. also, curious to know how it rides.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I think the long beds look better with a 6" IMO!!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
yum
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
this is not something new. there are a ton of trucks here with this kit on it.
i agree long beds do look better with 6" of lift.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
i agree long beds do look better with 6" of lift.
I wasn't saying this was a brand new kit on the market. However, these ARE brand new components for this truck.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Plus you guys are doing a write up which is nice members can reference this thread. Thanks topgun.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #9

We just finished the alignment on the '09 Tacoma and let me tell you, this thing rides as good as it looks! These Pro Comp Coil Overs provide killer ride quality & the handling is excellent.

The installation couldn't have been any smoother. All of the brackets slide into place properly, all the bolt holes lined up, & no cutting or grinding was needed anywhere. This is an awesome kit!

Be sure to go to www.topguncustomz.com for all your suspension needs!

While you're there, check out our new HUGE photo gallery!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The DC LBs look good with 6 inches under them
Old 03-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #11

Sorry about the mistake from above. There was minor cutting that had to be done to remove a section of the cross member to make room for the front drive line.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
That truck looks nice.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
wow thats sharp. keep up the good work.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #14
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz View Post
Sorry about the mistake from above. There was minor cutting that had to be done to remove a section of the cross member to make room for the front drive line.
That's what I thought! When I was reading through and you mentioned "no cutting", I thought, "there's a 6" kit where you don't have to cut the cross member????"

Looks awesome! Is that an ARB bumper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Plus you guys are doing a write up which is nice members can reference this thread. Thanks topgun.
+1!!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #15
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If only somebody would make a 6" kit that was affordable. I don't want to refinance my house to lift my baby. Or do I??
Old 03-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #16
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Any problems with the VSC on the 09? That is one of the reasons I am only lifting 3 inches for now. Heard too many people were having VSC issues. Fabtec has not even released their kit yet and I was also informed that fabtec may be having some financial problems. Just out of curiosity how comparable in price is this kit to the fabtec. I was looking at about 5grand for everything from install , kit, wheels and tires with fabtec.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #17

That bumper came in on the truck before we lifted it but it appeared to be a TJM. No issues with the VSC what so ever. Every thing worked fine and rode exceptionally well. Very impressed with that set up. As far as the price, if you give us a call we can get you a price and try to beat a competitors price.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #18
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz View Post
That bumper came in on the truck before we lifted it but it appeared to be a TJM. No issues with the VSC what so ever. Every thing worked fine and rode exceptionally well. Very impressed with that set up. As far as the price, if you give us a call we can get you a price and try to beat a competitors price.
That's odd, I sent an email to ProComp specifically asking them if there were any issues with the 6" stage II on the '09 w/VSC. They informed me that I would need to use kit # K5073BMX.

I just got my truck back today, after having to scramble and reorder wheels and tires, due to the fact that you MUST use 18" wheels with this kit. Unfortunately, that specific information is nowhere easily found on the internet. Therefore I ordered 17" wheels and tires. Needless to say, as happy as I am to get my truck back, after a freakin' week, I am NOT very happy with ProComp right now!

I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #19
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

Does anyone have any answers as to why larger wheels are needed?

I am looking into RCD, Procomp, and Fabtech; but in no way am I interested in giving up my 16" wheels.

Any education on this is appreciated...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #20
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Does anyone have any answers as to why larger wheels are needed?

I am looking into RCD, Procomp, and Fabtech; but in no way am I interested in giving up my 16" wheels.

Any education on this is appreciated...
You can put 17" wheels on the truck. You'll just have to drive in a straight line because you can't turn the wheels. When you turn, the wheel gets into the tie-rod end.