Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3'' Lift, what tires will fit.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Tnibley is on a distinguished road
Name: Tanner
Tnibley's Tacoma Gallery
3'' Lift, what tires will fit.

Hey guys you might have to work with me here because I am fairly new to Toyotas but I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road and as of now everything is stock but I am looking at getting a 3'' pro comp lift and I currently have stock tires (265/70 R16) on stock rims. After I install that lift will this same tire and wheel set up fit? Will any rubbing occur? Also I am looking to upgrading to 285/75 R16 on these stock rims, will these tires fit without rubbing? I have read a lot of forums and haven't really gotten a straight answer, some suggest wheel spacer and some say they are not good, some say it will rub some say it wont. Any help would be great.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Those will fit with minor cutting to the surrounding area. I put 285/70/17 on my sport. I had to chop a little off of the front fenders.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
Those will fit with minor cutting to the surrounding area. I put 285/70/17 on my sport. I had to chop a little off of the front fenders.
Does anybody know of a good thread with photos of exactly what and how much others have had to trim? I would like to see how much trimming others have needed before I splurge on 285's. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
I'll see if I can post pics tomorrow
Old 10-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
3” Procomp lift, 17x9 RBP 93R wheels with a 4.5” backspace, and 305/65/17 Procomp Xtreme AT tires. Just a little trimming.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The same tires fit with any 3" and under lift. It just changes how much compression till it rubs. People who say bigger than 33" and 12" width fit dont tell you how they rub everytime they turn into a steep incline to a parking lot.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
Does anybody know of a good thread with photos of exactly what and how much others have had to trim? I would like to see how much trimming others have needed before I splurge on 285's. Thanks.
I started a thread but, I don't believe anyone has posted in it. Check out my pics in my gallery, there are a few different pics and angles of the cab mount chop.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
285/60/18's. toytec ULK@full 3". -12 offset. very little trimming of the plastic in the wheelwell as well as some in front of the bushwackers. no cmc needed. I did have to shed the oem mudflaps but run some custom ones in the winter which do not rub (made of a very thin rubber-like material). trimming is very easy and best determined exactly where after install, but def not difficult. hope this helps.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #11
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Do we really still not have a thread with all this info? I realize not all lifts are equal, same with tires/rims etc but there should be one TRULY informative thread that can be linked to for definitive information i.e. measurements after lift for reference.

The quantity of these questions/concerns is breathtaking. It seems we should have this defined by now.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
All lifts are different, putting a Toytec 3" C/O's- w/Billies and 1.25 AAL this weekend so I wanna pull the trigger on a tire..Really liking the Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/17 on Ballistic Havoc 4.5 bs -12 OS,,,not afraid to do some trimming, just don't want to get into anything drastic, even tho my Sawz-all has got dust on it...LOL. So the thicker OEM mudflap was a rub source huh..too bad..Kinda' liked the heavier flaps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
285/60/18's. toytec ULK@full 3". -12 offset. very little trimming of the plastic in the wheelwell as well as some in front of the bushwackers. no cmc needed. I did have to shed the oem mudflaps but run some custom ones in the winter which do not rub (made of a very thin rubber-like material). trimming is very easy and best determined exactly where after install, but def not difficult. hope this helps.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Do we really still not have a thread with all this info? I realize not all lifts are equal, same with tires/rims etc but there should be one TRULY informative thread that can be linked to for definitive information i.e. measurements after lift for reference.

The quantity of these questions/concerns is breathtaking. It seems we should have this defined by now.
Maybe some info in here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/alt...lift&sa=Search
Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUF ROWD View Post
Where did you have to do your trimming...CMC...??
I had to trim some of the black wind dam and a little fender trimming ( where the pinch welds are by the mud flaps) flaps are sence gone because the tires rubbed them after my TC ucas and alignment. My CMC was done by Jerry at B.A.M.F.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
rat107 is on a distinguished road

rat107's Tacoma Gallery

3" Toytec spacer lift. 285/75R16 BFG KM2s. 16x8 Method Double Standards with 4.5" backspacing. No trimming at all. Removed the mud flaps and trim piece in the front of wheel well.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat107 View Post

3" Toytec spacer lift. 285/75R16 BFG KM2s. 16x8 Method Double Standards with 4.5" backspacing. No trimming at all. Removed the mud flaps and trim piece in the front of wheel well.
Did you need new UCA's ? Truck looks awesome!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
rat107 is on a distinguished road

rat107's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
Did you need new UCA's ? Truck looks awesome!
Thanks. No the control arms are stock.