Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift look??

Old 03-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Lift look??

I have been thinking about getting a 3 inch lift for a few months now and with these new wheels and tires I am really wanting one! I know nothing about lifts! Will a 3 inch lift look good with my truck? What type/brand should I get and how much will it cost?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Look at fatbobsgarge.com they have some great stuff on there. 2.5" spacers for the front and 2" AAL for the rear. It's only $119.99 Check it out...

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/share...t=products.asp
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I would go with bilstein 5100's up front, set em at 2.5". For out back go for AAL's or extended shackles with 5100 shocks.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
I would go with bilstein 5100's up front, set em at 2.5". For out back go for AAL's I'd extended shackles with 5100 shocks.

That is spanish to me lol! Remember, I know nothing about lifts. I dont know what to do at all and I am trying to figure out why some people get 2.5 in the front and 2 inch in the back!! Please explain to me guys lol
Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, well I'll try my best explaining this. Ok, on a truck with no lift, the front end sits about 1-2" lower than the rear end due to more weight up front, like the engine and front axle. So if you wanted your truck to sit level, you would lift the front end about 1-2". See i've got a 2.5" lift up front so now mine sits higher in the front than the rear by about an inch. So i need to get some 1" AAL's so it'll be level all around. I hope that explain some of it. Holler at me if you got any questions beacuse I was in your spot a year or so ago.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance

Yea I definitely understand! And I will probably be contacting you more! But it will be this summer before I can get the lift! LOL the wheels and tires made me broke! By they way great looking truck!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
bishes love my haircut

Ok glad to help you man! I'm looking for a small lift out back so if you find anything like that holler at me. Thanks, I only show off my taco's good side because it's bad side ain't too pretty. lol. but keep me posted on what lift ya get.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #8
bishes love my haircut

One other word of advice, stay away from blocks. if you use those, they can kill your leaf springs and increase axle wrap.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #11
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you use spacers on the back...but I could be wrong. Spacers preload your front coils (springs) to give the truck more lift. On the back, some use blocks to give an easy lift but it is not recommended (as indicated above).
Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
I would go with bilstein 5100's up front, set em at 2.5". For out back go for AAL's or extended shackles with 5100 shocks.

What are "extended shackles"?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #16
Carolina Alliance

Do I need all of those parts?? Sorry this may be a dumb question!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #17
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Do I need all of those parts?? Sorry this may be a dumb question!
I'm not real familiar with the 1st Gen so..... You will def need the springs and AAL the shocks...well you may be able to get by with the stockers but I would upgrade them too while you are at it.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:44 AM   #18
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
What are "extended shackles"?
doesnt apply to second gen Tacos but basically it moves the rear of the rear leaf spring down from the origional spring mount to achieve the lift