1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen wheelers HD pack

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TotalBrutal, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Oct 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    TotalBrutal

TotalBrutal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 4X4
    Front 5100s @ 0, OME 844s, Rear 5100s, AFE pro dry filter
    Seen lots of info on the 1st gen pack but not much on the 2nd. Anyone out there have experience with it? How much lift did you attain? Any kinda 1st hand info would be great

My stock leafs are getting pretty flat and don't hold up very well with some weight in the bed. The wheelers pack looks like a good set up for me wanting a little more lift in the rear and extra capacity. Been debating between these and the Dakars (with a leaf removed).

2. Oct 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    Hank4444

Hank4444 Member...?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Daphne
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport DCSB
    Dog-Proofed Rear seat, 5100's, Rear TSB, Tranny TSB, Fog light mod, map light mod, DTRL mod, Volant CAI with ram air, UltraGauge, Blacked out emblems, extra D-rings, Bedlined front valance, Satoshi, Hella 500ff 55w HID, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Leather arm rests, Weathertechs, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Oil catch can, URD MAF Calibrator, Wheelers HD AAL, Thule Roof Rack, OME 885x with Lean Spacer, RedLine Hood struts, Access LE Tonneau, LED Bedrail lights,
    I've actually been wanting to know this as well.

Difference between Wheelers 3 leaf pack regular vs HD besides the extra thickness on two of the three leafs.

3. Oct 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    The HD is meant for a heavy constant load. If you don't have a constant load, it is recommended to remove 1 leaf from the pack. This will provide about 1.5" of lift.

4. Oct 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    TotalBrutal

TotalBrutal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 4X4
    Front 5100s @ 0, OME 844s, Rear 5100s, AFE pro dry filter
    Sweet thanks Dan. Ever shipped one of these to Cananda? Just wondering how much shipping would roughly cost.

5. Oct 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    Hank4444

Hank4444 Member...?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Daphne
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport DCSB
    Dog-Proofed Rear seat, 5100's, Rear TSB, Tranny TSB, Fog light mod, map light mod, DTRL mod, Volant CAI with ram air, UltraGauge, Blacked out emblems, extra D-rings, Bedlined front valance, Satoshi, Hella 500ff 55w HID, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Leather arm rests, Weathertechs, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Oil catch can, URD MAF Calibrator, Wheelers HD AAL, Thule Roof Rack, OME 885x with Lean Spacer, RedLine Hood struts, Access LE Tonneau, LED Bedrail lights,
    Appreciate the response. I think I might finally pull the trigger on the regular kit over my next break. Can't justify the HD pack because I don't have a cap or a 'constant' extra weight in the bed. However, I do haul stuff all the time.

6. May 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    machineman89

machineman89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    San Leandro
    Vehicle:
    overlanding limo in progress :-P
    Weather tech floor mats, fog light any time mod, derped front embelem, Pelfretbilt 3 hoop plate bumper, 10k warn xeon winch-s some leds, pelfreybilt roof rack, scs stealth series rims, wrangler authority tires, BAMF 96" bolt on sliders, BAMF dif skid, some dirt....
    any idea what would be the best leaf pack for constant weight and 3" of lift?

7. May 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    TacoBrah

TacoBrah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Icon stage 1, 255/85/16 KM2
    Dakar or All pro expo.

8. May 6, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  9. May 7, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    machineman89

machineman89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    San Leandro
    Vehicle:
    overlanding limo in progress :-P
    Weather tech floor mats, fog light any time mod, derped front embelem, Pelfretbilt 3 hoop plate bumper, 10k warn xeon winch-s some leds, pelfreybilt roof rack, scs stealth series rims, wrangler authority tires, BAMF 96" bolt on sliders, BAMF dif skid, some dirt....
    All pro expo HD leaf pack is where iam leanen towards

10. May 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
    Hey Dan, I've had the HD pack for 1 1/2 years now and I'm happy with the purchase. I went with the 5100's up front set at 1.75 and 5100's in the rear. I received 2 inches all the way around. I purchased everything from Wheelers.

I didn't remove a leaf as YotaDan suggested and I don't run a constant load. I don't find the ride harsh at all. In fact I enjoy the ride better than stock. Now don't get me wrong, it is stiffer than stock and in my mind is totally acceptable. The truck is tight but still has give when you take it off road. The pack still has good flex if you're into stuffing your tires aswell. The springs are also very quiet, no squeeking like other brands I've heard.

When I had the stock setup my atv (600lbs) would have my truck almost riding on the bump stops. Now it's not even close. I have towed my small utility trailer with approx 2000lbs of stone, with quite a bit of tongue weight and the springs took it like a champ. And did I mention that I didn't get any vibes whatsoever? Very nice not to have to deal with drive angles. (I did take pre and post angles though just in case).

My only complaint about the product is that it was quick to have surface rust. I'm not sure why, they seemed to have a good coat of paint on them. I might add that I pepper the underside of my truck with undercoating oil religiously, yet they still rusted. Definetely not a deal breaker but that was the only negative thing about this product and I feel it should be mentioned. Overall 4/5 they are a good value. Would be a 5/5 had it not been for the rust.

Last edited: May 9, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top