1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of doing trd suspension on sr5

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by catsman50, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    catsman50

catsman50 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jupiter, FL
    Vehicle:
    white prerunner 6speed
    So the truck is a 2008 prerunner sr5 access cab, has all stock suspension now but, I found a used really low mileage trd sport front shock setup, and rear shock and leaf spring combo from a 2013 4x4.

The first question I have, will the trd sport suspension be a direct bolt on, no extra cutting or mods etc? Is the trd sport suspension much better then the stock?

I'm not looking to raise the truck at all but i've noticed the truck dives pretty hard when breaking hard, I've also heard so much about the TSB leaf spring packs but, do I really need to be concerned about my leaf packs breaking? I never really tow much at all and the bed rarely ever sees weight more then a few hundred lbs.:confused:

2. Nov 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    DixonCreekDrifter

DixonCreekDrifter Grey Headed Shop Teacher

Member:
    First Name:
    Dixon
    east of the Rio Grande and south of the Canadian
    Vehicle:
    Last Truck
    Stock for now
    Got the same truck, but with an auto. Did you do the spring change?

If I load up two hundred pounds, the rear axle hits the bumps stops at any dip. The springs are the 2/1 set. Over three hundred pounds and the bump stops are on the axle for the whole ride. Most of the after market springs that I have located provide 1.5 inches of lift or more. Not real sure about a add a leaf, a ride leveler or rubber bladders. Each has good reviews and reviews that bash them. Sounds like you have about the same needs that I have in a truck.

Good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top