1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help deciding on lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaWill, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Oct 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    TacomaWill

TacomaWill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Columbus, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad 4x4 SR5 Tacoma
    Fox 2.0 Coilover's, Light Racing UCA's, Icon VS 2.0 rear shocks, Body Armor front bumper, SB XRC10 Winch w/ Dominion Offroad Technora Synthetic Rope, JDM Cyrstal Black Headlights, 6000k HID's, Four Pro Comp Lights, TRD Sport Hood, Flowmaster 40, 5% tint on rear, 15% on front, +++++ more
    ive done my research, and figured it was time to post up here.
    im a new member, and i have an 05 tacoma trd 4x4 blah blah blah.
    heres a pic: fn5lyx_8841e720a74bd2f2fd43c83a8269c1a794ff4e8c.jpg
    i have a body armor bumper on the front with an xrc10 with synthetic rope in it, so ive got a fair amount of extra weight on it.
    its a trd, so it has the bilstein trd shocks on it.
    right now i have a simple coil spacer 3" lift on her.
    im wanting to possibly go a little bigger maybe, but mostly i just want to upgrade the suspension on it and get my alignment to spec.
    price limit is around 1200, but of course i want to save money.
    i have looked around at many different options, and the one that seems logical is replacing the front shocks with 5100's set at one inch of lift, then put some pro comp 3" coils on them. since my bumper and winch will weigh it down, i imagine that will put me at about 3" of lift correct?
    i have the stock uca's right now, but i also want to upgrade those. i wheel it quite a bit off road, but from all the reviews, it seems that the LR UCA's will be fine for what i do. i also like the fact that the ball joint is sealed on them.
    for the rear, i was thinking of just putting a 2" block on there and keeping the factory shocks.
    all of the stuff i just listed puts me at a bill of $840-ish, assuming i can install it all myself. then of course ill need an alignment, so that number goes up to 900. then a dif drop kit, which will be about 30 or so. so total now is at $930.
    my main concerns are:
    will my tires (285/65/18) rub my uca's? right now at full turn, i rub my stock UCA's. Will i need spacers to put on the LR UCA's?
    i put my coil spacer on myself, and im pretty handy at working on my truck.
    will i be able to install all of this by myself? i assume i can rent a coil compressor at advanced auto "farts"?
    are there any other specific tools i will need besides a ratchet set? i dont have a torque wrench, so of course nothing i have would get it torqued to exactly 75 foot per pound or whatever, so do i need to go get a torque wrench so everything will be perfect?
    and lastly, does the set up i have described sound good? (LR UCA's, 5100's front with pro comp 3" springs, diff. drop, rear blocks)

Products Discussed in

To Top