Old 11-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #41
CJD3112 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Local Law Enforcement
Name: Chris
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArMarine04 View Post
CJD3112,

Toytec is a very reputable dealer and I trust their R&D is solid on this new set up they offer, IsaacG is the only person I've found on here that is running the BOSS set up on a second gen and you can see what he has to say about it. I can't wait to give you my own opinion on it. I ordered it yesterday and its on "backorder" so idk when I'll get it but that's ok I can wait.

I'm not worried about toytec going out of business and me being SOL if something happened, the shocks are rebuildable and any reputable shop should be able to work on them. IF is destroyed then it would be easy to find another set of coilovers that paired up well with the rear dakars. I have no worries about that.
ArMarine04,

I look forward to yours and IssacG's input of the Boss System. How long is Toytech backordered? Do you plan on installing the system yourself or having a local shop do it for you?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
ArMarine04 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alan
ArMarine04's Tacoma Gallery
IDK now long the back order will be, I sent toytec a message on TW asking about how long it will be but haven't gotten a reply yet.

That's a good question, I have a buddy that's a pretty good mechanic whom I trust could help no problem. If not him then I'll pay a shop to do it, it's a little more than I feel comfortable tackling on my own.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #43
Marines:
Shipped in 2-3 weeks
Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #44
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shipped in 2-3 weeks
I'm excited for you. Yesterday, I tried to meet up with my buddy who just installed an Icon kit on his Tacoma but too many conflicts. I'm curious to see how his lift operates at higher speeds. My wife is supportive of the lift, but not thrilled about the price right before xmas.

More than likely I will hold off for a couple of months, ride in a couple of trucks, and read more post.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #45
Marines:
I wish I had the luxury of friends with taco as with different lifts to get a good feel for them all. I got an email from TOYTEC about my kit it's shipping out within the next 24 hours. I'm super stoked!

I'm stationed over seas right now and plans to come home for Christmas aren't looking good so I'll more than likely have my dad take it to a shop to get install since I won't be home to do it.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #46
JJ04TACO will become famous soon enoughJJ04TACO will become famous soon enough
Name: Jim
JJ04TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I too chose the boss setup. Love it. I had to lower the fronts 1/2" as I got too much lift. It rides well at 3" of lift. I love it though, I liked what they offered with the front shocks, I wasn't going to let 60 bucks sway my decision on a $1500 purchase. Front shocks perform well. That said, get what you want. There's a million ways to skin this cat.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #47
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish I had the luxury of friends with taco as with different lifts to get a good feel for them all. I got an email from TOYTEC about my kit it's shipping out within the next 24 hours. I'm super stoked!

I'm stationed over seas right now and plans to come home for Christmas aren't looking good so I'll more than likely have my dad take it to a shop to get install since I won't be home to do it.
I've got a couple of buddies with Tacoma's. Most have spacer lifts, but my good buddy went all in with the Icon set up. His lift is what I really want to experience. It's more than likely out of my price range, unless I want to get divorced and live in a cardboard box. Out of spite she would take my truck. I would probably be very happy with any of the lifts from Toytec. In my opinion, this may be the best starting point for me. I can get immediate satisfaction (looks and performance) and up grade to better shocks latter if I felt I needed it.

If coming home for xmas doesn't work out, make sure your pops send you some good before and after pics so you can share with us.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #48
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ04TACO View Post
I too chose the boss setup. Love it. I had to lower the fronts 1/2" as I got too much lift. It rides well at 3" of lift. I love it though, I liked what they offered with the front shocks, I wasn't going to let 60 bucks sway my decision on a $1500 purchase. Front shocks perform well. That said, get what you want. There's a million ways to skin this cat.
JJ04TACO,

I'm glad you like your Boss set up. I haven't found a lot of input on this kit yet. Its so close in price when compared to the Ultimate that I am also considering this kit. What type of terrain have you wheeled with the lift? How'd you lift the rear? AAL or OME?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #49
I'm in Dallas so mostly muddy wheeling here. I go up to the red river (border of tx and ok) to do some light wheeling. It handles rough terrain very well. I did the rear with Dakar leafs. My rear leafs had 120k mi on them, so an aal wasn't even a consideration. I'll do it right the first time even if I pay a bit more. Don't like doing work twice.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #50
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ04TACO View Post
I'm in Dallas so mostly muddy wheeling here. I go up to the red river (border of tx and ok) to do some light wheeling. It handles rough terrain very well. I did the rear with Dakar leafs. My rear leafs had 120k mi on them, so an aal wasn't even a consideration. I'll do it right the first time even if I pay a bit more. Don't like doing work twice.
JJ04TACO,

Thanks for the input. You mention that the Boss Suspension handles rough terrain very well. How's the suspension do with increased speeds? The reason I'm asking is because I use to own a Jeep. I still like Jeeps, but sometimes I would get bored going slow over rough terrain. I wanted to go faster, but the short wheel base of the Jeep prevented much of what I wanted to do so she's gone.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #51
Marines:
my BOSS kit arrived today with LR UCA and Dakars!!

Hopefully I can have it installed within the next week or so. Having my dad take it to a shop to install since home for Christmas isn't going to happen this year.. That being said I'm not sure what I'll miss more this year my family or my newly lifted truck! haha does that make me a bad son?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #52
The rears are really good, the fronts are good. I think if didn't run so much pressure in my tires it would help a bit more. That said, I am very satisfied.

Afterthought...The above is for rough dirt roads. I did do some high speed running on a shoreline 50+ mph and the suspension was great. Handled uneven soft surfaces just fine. I wouldn't recommend going airborne though.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #53
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my BOSS kit arrived today with LR UCA and Dakars!!

Hopefully I can have it installed within the next week or so. Having my dad take it to a shop to install since home for Christmas isn't going to happen this year.. That being said I'm not sure what I'll miss more this year my family or my newly lifted truck! haha does that make me a bad son?
It's all about priorities. Nothing wrong with loving your truck. There's been many times that my vehicles have been less drama than my family. One reasons why I like Toyotas. But, you will owe your Dad a big one for taking the truck to the shop on your behalf.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #54
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD3112 View Post
It's all about priorities. Nothing wrong with loving your truck. There's been many times that my vehicles have been less drama than my family. One reasons why I like Toyotas. But, you will owe your Dad a big one for taking the truck to the shop on your behalf.
Oh of course I will! I've been trying to talk my dad into letting me buy him a leveling kit for is 07 f-150 (he by no means will ever off-road that truck, snowy roads will be as rough a terrain that truck will every see) just to give it that nice level stance but refuses haha. One of these days I'll just get the kit "borrow" his truck for a day and slap it on without him knowing. I know he'll like that nice level stance if he saw it first hand!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #55
Marines:
not the best pics but it will do for now..

Old 12-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
dxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0321
Name: Brandon
dxpsman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking lift.

Those are the stock tires, right? Shame you're not running the sport, I'm curious to see how a 285/70r17 runs with this setup.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #57
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxpsman View Post
Nice looking lift.

Those are the stock tires, right? Shame you're not running the sport, I'm curious to see how a 285/70r17 runs with this setup.
Thanks man!

Yeah stock tires, I'm sure the 285/70/17's would look about like any other truck on here with a similar full 3" lift haha

The shop I took it to are no stangers to installing lifts and they all were impressed with how nice of a kit it is!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #58
Hot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the rough
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
looks nose high in that last pic,,,,,,????
Old 12-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #59
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot2na View Post
looks nose high in that last pic,,,,,,????
I'll get some measurements soon and I don't want to adjust anything until it gets broke it and settle.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #60
CJD3112's Tacoma Gallery
ArMarine04,

Looks good. I'll wait for the suspension to settle before I nag you for a review. What tire and rim combo you thinking of?