1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cost of Camburg 2.5" rebuild, springs included...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Kodachrome, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    Kodachrome

Kodachrome [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco, 2021 Audi eTron GT
    TRD S/C, URD Galore
    Hi, I did a search on this but since it includes the springs, I came up short, nothing on Camburg's site either...

I am looking to either rebuild or replace my front 2.5” Camburg coil over shocks, they have close to 90K on them, 60K with a 1,000 pounds of camper and load on the back permanently. They are not leaking at all or behaving odd, but the springs have lost a bit of resistance as the front has dropped a bit, getting some tire rub. I don’t have very much pre-load dialed in, maybe an 1.25 inch at most. I have considered cranking them up but with the milage the way they are and the fact that the camper is staying on, I figure why not rebuild them now before something happens at a bad time.

I live in Colorado in a small ski town, so I can not really do this my self as I simply have no where to do it so I am probably going to have an off road shop do it. I am wondering what the cost of the rebuild kits are and what the possible cost of the new springs might be. If comes within $100 of a new set, I would simply go the new route and sell the used ones cheap.

What is the opinion on this out there?

2. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey! I just got my Camburg coilovers rebuilt this summer and it cost $100 per shock + shipping. I did not know this at the time but they DO NOT replace the heim joints or the bolt for the top plate. I get 'thud' now as if I'm bottoming out and was told by a friend who has Icons that his does the same thing and that's the reason. Not sure about the spring rate you want though, could aways call or shoot them an email. Best of luck!

3. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    Kodachrome

Kodachrome [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco, 2021 Audi eTron GT
    TRD S/C, URD Galore
    Yeah, I can't ship them, need to do this in a day in state so I am not out of commission. I'll definitely call them on Monday, I just wanted to get a feel for this now as there really is not much out there in the way of info, kinda odd.

This article says the springs average $100 a pop, so that is a start:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/suspension-brakes/131-0608-coilover-shocks/

Also, is there a way to ball-park the weight on each front corner without driving to a Cat Scale? 150 miles each way in my case? I have considered that I might need to go with heavier springs due to the additional weight.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top