Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
difference between 2.5" and 3" lift

im getting frustrated with the mod bug...i want a lift but im lost
i wanted to go with 2.5 bilstein 1500 and the tsb in back
but i dont know if its the lift i want
then i looked at the 3 inch spacer or coil lifts but there expensive
so is there a difference in the .5 inchs i know its a little so i was wondering if pictures were decieving
post pics if u can
thanx
Old 03-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have 2.5 with the TSB done on Monday, so I'll post pics when that happens.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
about 0.5" ....sorry, couldnt resist....

to your question, no, in the grand scheme of things, you will not notice the 0.5" at all (unless you actually bust out a measuring tape). i would HIGHLY recommend the 5100 lift. check out downsouthmotorsports.com, sonny is a great guy and seller and has made many very happy w/ his pricing and customer service.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
sonny got me my coilovers, good price too.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100s, but I am planning on getting the 3 inch 5100 coilovers in the future.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The big difference is in how the vehicle is lifted. Spacers can make the ride pretty stiff as they preload (compress) the stock spring. The 5100's, while they still preload the spring, are valved for the preloaded spring rate. coill lifts (OME) or Coilover lifts, use a longer spring than stock, and, in the case of coilovers, have a shock correctly valved for the spring rate. the OME springs give the best ride when used with the OME shocks. For the best ride on and off road, coilovers or OME give the best results.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The big difference is in how the vehicle is lifted. Spacers can make the ride pretty stiff as they preload (compress) the stock spring. The 5100's, while they still preload the spring, are valved for the preloaded spring rate. coill lifts (OME) or Coilover lifts, use a longer spring than stock, and, in the case of coilovers, have a shock correctly valved for the spring rate. the OME springs give the best ride when used with the OME shocks. For the best ride on and off road, coilovers or OME give the best results.
so how much would it be for the ciolover lift installed?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
With a garage, some basic tools and some mechanical common sense (?) you can do it on yourself. It's really not that difficult, give yourself the weekend to do it.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
The "Ultimate lift" from Toy Tec is $1100 and you could either call or e-mail your local offroad shop like 4wheel parts and ask how much for the install. Iam saving up for mine.