Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

01 Tacoma Suspension Recomendation

Old 03-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
kk4rosie is on a distinguished road
kk4rosie's Tacoma Gallery
01 Tacoma Suspension Recomendation

I have a 2001 Tacoma Xtra Cab with a TRD offroad package stock, and i'm looking to beef up my suspension. My main purpose is to carry extra load in the bed without compromising the truck. I haul a lot of firewood in the rear. Ususlly full, every other day. I'm afraid this will hurt the suspension and i'm looking for suggestions on what i could add to the truck. I dont do any wheeling but was looking to get a 4"-6" lift anyway but wasnt sure if this would effect the ammount i could carry in the back so i held off... any suggestions you could provide would be great. thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
If your wanting to increase your load capacity, put some aal's in the rear.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
do you recomend a certain brand?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
what do you think of this?
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

I travel about 80 miles per day but it's usually loaded with wood.

But i would also like to get around 4-5" of lift too...

So whats the best combo with AAL's?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i'm not too sure what brand. i'm actually shopping for some AAL's too. Too match the AAL's up front, i would run some Adjustable Ride Height Bilstein 5100 shocks. I've got the 5100's on mine and I love them
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
bishes love my haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4rosie View Post
what do you think of this?
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

I travel about 80 miles per day but it's usually loaded with wood.

But i would also like to get around 4-5" of lift too...

So whats the best combo with AAL's?
that kit looks good, the only the thing is that it uses spacers up front. I'm not a big fan of spacers because of some stuff I've heard about them.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Top Gun Customz will become famous soon enough

Top Gun Customz's Tacoma Gallery
If you are looking to increase your payload i would look into an air bad set up since you r loaded down alot. You can put any lift on you want after that. We carry and can install both of those, depending on where your located at.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
youre not going to get 4-6" of lift out of an AAL

for that youre going to HAVE to purchase new spring packs OR buy big blocks

either way youre not going to increase...and in most cases you'll decrease your payload

maybe look into Timbren helpers

My AAL did NOT increase my payload capacity...but i dont really worry bout that cuz i dont haul a lot...but its a FANTASTIC ride