Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Load help- IronMan offroad Load Plus helper springs

Old 11-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Marcoc has a spectacular aura aboutMarcoc has a spectacular aura about

Marcoc's Tacoma Gallery
Load help- IronMan offroad Load Plus helper springs

I have a 2nd gen. Tacoma TRD DC OR with Toytec rear 2" AAL and front spacers. I wheel occasionally and nothing crazy. I use the truck as my daily driver and I use it like a truck should be used. I load the bed frequently with Eco logs and firewood and I get quite a bit of sag, headlights are pointing to the sky. With no load truck sits perfectly level 2" out back and 2.5" up front over stock. I thought the AAL would help with load but guess not. Any ideas? Not looking for extra lift and not looking to spend over $150. I found this http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/load_plus.html
Old 11-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoc View Post
I have a 2nd gen. Tacoma TRD DC OR with Toytec rear 2" AAL and front spacers. I wheel occasionally and nothing crazy. I use the truck as my daily driver and I use it like a truck should be used. I load the bed frequently with Eco logs and firewood and I get quite a bit of sag, headlights are pointing to the sky. With no load truck sits perfectly level 2" out back and 2.5" up front over stock. I thought the AAL would help with load but guess not. Any ideas? Not looking for extra lift and not looking to spend over $150. I found this http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/load_plus.html
Interesting product. I have no experience with it however. I did same AAL with my 07 as well and it boosted load carrying abilitly as well. I just think a heavy load like firewood your simply "over-loaded" and short of air bags, there is not much you can do. I frequently loaded mine with firewood as well and just drove easy........just gotta worry about axle seal damage.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
toyogirl is on a distinguished road
Name: Jenn
toyogirl's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

i have an '05 and i put air bags onmy truck i tow an 18' toybox and even though it is under the tow weight it still would really sag my rear end. I got firestone airbags for like $150 and mounted myself in an afternoon. Problem solved! No change to ride etc when not filled (Although they should always be ran with at least 10lbs pressure to keep from pinching) and levels the truck perfectly when i air up bags for towing. she rides great and you would never know i was dragging 5,000 lbs behind her!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has something very similar to that on his 05 taco, but I think his are Hellwigs. They work pretty good for not sagging, but they do hinder articulation.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
Marcoc has a spectacular aura aboutMarcoc has a spectacular aura about

Marcoc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyogirl View Post
i have an '05 and i put air bags onmy truck i tow an 18' toybox and even though it is under the tow weight it still would really sag my rear end. I got firestone airbags for like $150 and mounted myself in an afternoon. Problem solved! No change to ride etc when not filled (Although they should always be ran with at least 10lbs pressure to keep from pinching) and levels the truck perfectly when i air up bags for towing. she rides great and you would never know i was dragging 5,000 lbs behind her!
Thought about that route as well but these are cheaper and are a "bolt on". just want a bit of assistance with loads. Articulation is second to utility in my mind. Yes flex is nice but bottom line its a truck that I USE as a truck.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Ironman 4x4 is on a distinguished road

Ironman 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoc View Post
Hey Marcoc,

Load Plus is designed for situations exactly like your's. Their ability to be quickly and easily adjusted means that you can avoid that sag when loaded up, but it only takes a few minutes to loosen them off when unloaded to maintain you unloaded ride quality.

They shouldn't noticabely affect your articulation as your are just increasing the spring rate of your leafs to match your load. If you leave them adjusted for heavy weights when unloaded then yes you might suffer some loss in articulation, but if correctly matched to your load it should be all good!

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4