1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Me Pick a Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Arrowshot, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Nov 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    Arrowshot

Arrowshot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4X4
    A Crap Load
    I have a new 2014 Toyota Tacoma V6, 4.0 L Automatic, 5-Spd Four-Wheel Drive (6.1 foot bed) with the TRD Sport Package, V-6 Tow Package, Leer 100 XR Camper Shell (on its way), 16" TRD Beadlock rims and BFG LT265/70R16 tires.

I am looking at outfitting it with the following:

• Front bumper with 3 hoops and a winch
    • Rear bumper with swing out carrier for jerry cans/propane tanks, etc
    • Weld On Rock Sliders
    • Skid plates
    Please recommend a lift kit to level it out with no more than a 3" lift. I have looked at a lot online and researched all over the Tacoma Nation forum but still somewhat in the dark as to what would be a good fit for what I want to install on my truck and my intended uses which is moderate off-road activity (mostly camping out in boonies, hunting trips to Colorado/Wyoming from Alabama, and use a 600lb trailer to haul camping gear and loads of construction material for my yard 1,000 plus pounds) but not extreme rock climbing or mudding. I would also like the capability to add bigger tires later on without changing out the installed lift system. What I don’t want is problems with my transmission/differential, etc. When I talked with Toyota service guys about installing a lift they said there was no problems with the warranty but they did state there could be issues at any point (25K, 100K, 300K, etc). I have also read in forums where vibration and other issues have arose. I want to avoid all that of course and just looking for a good match to the equipment I want to install and the intended activities. As far as a budget, don't want to go over 2K but want to keep it below that. In case it helps, I have 4 leafs on the back.

2014 Tacoma.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. Nov 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Ome 886x coils iirc would be best for the cab configuration and added weight.... Plus their trim packers.
    Pair with the proper ome dampers.

Then go with the Dakar leafpack (I think they have 1 with an additional overload). Pair those with proper ome dampers as well.

Uniball uca's....... I can't say what brand is better for the price honestly.

Extended braided brake lines.

Ome carrier bearing drop and or axle shims depending on angles.

I'm sure someone else with more ome experience can chime in.

U can also call Sonny or Micah at down south motorsports

3. Nov 11, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    Arrowshot

Arrowshot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4X4
    A Crap Load
    Thanks Justus,
    Looking at packages on Toytech and few others sites and none of them mentioned UCAs, trim packers, dampers or extended brake lines with their packages. Will send Downsouth an email and talk to them and see what they say. Still would appreciate comments from others.
    Arrowshot

Products Discussed in

To Top