Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Are camburg CO's on par with Icon and king?

Old 11-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Fj setup on my tacoma, and they are awesome!! On top of it all was the great customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
Are camburg CO's on par with Icon and king?-img_0241.jpg   Are camburg CO's on par with Icon and king?-img_0282.jpg  
Old 11-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Is there anyway to ensure you get red coils?
Old 11-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmwill View Post
The burgs for the tacoma are red.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #25
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haws View Post
I have the Fj setup on my tacoma, and they are awesome!! On top of it all was the great customer service.
I need to chop my fenders like this at some point.....do the bumper pieces not fit back on?
Old 11-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #26
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
They would, but I plan on a winch bumper and left them off.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
( . ) __ ( . )
raultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
raultd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which mall can I find you at?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raultd View Post
Which mall can I find you at?
Haha. Hate the mall. Have to admit I don't need a high end coilover. But I love my truck. And it makes me happy to work on it and improve it.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #30
Carlos@Camburg.com
Thetequilaworms is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
Thetequilaworms's Tacoma Gallery
all of our Camburg coilovers come with red coil springs
Old 11-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff here.
Thinking of changing over to CO's after riding in my buddy's Frontier. He's got Icons. I recently did the OME non-CO suspension and am now wishing I had done CO's. These work with the stock arms correct?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #32

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
No, you'll need ext travel UCA's!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #33
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome respones! +1 for burg. So a few more question Scott. My truck is a DD. will have a front skid. And possibly down the line a hybrid bumper and maybe a winch. 95% of the miles I drive are on pavement. But i would love to improve that ride. That pothole on my drive to work they jars my truck. I want it to feel like a small bump. Those nuisance speed bumps. Turn into "what speed bumps". And for the 5% my truck is on dirt I want that 10 miles of rough rutted dirt road to my fishing spot to turn into a nice scenic drive. I want that difficult trail that has kept me from exploring new spots to turn into a yellow brick road to adventure. In essence. I want improved on road ride. As well as better handling and damping for mild offroading. Do you feel the camburgs paired with your upper control arms fit those needs? Sure I could just go with icon or king. But to be honest I feel from the research I've been doing that camburgs don't get the respect and recommendation they deserve. And honestly... I really want red
This is basically what everyone’s wants right; unfortunately this is a bit unrealistic in my experience. To get the ride just right, and it still won't be perfect and maybe a little stiffer then factory, it will take a lot of money and time spent having the shocks valved just right based on what you believe is a nice ride. I’m always surprised what people believe to be a good quality ride so this is often left up to one’s interpretation.

Soft on the road doesn't really equate soft in the dirt, well maybe the little bumps, but not the bigger ones. Also a 650 lb coil may carry that weight of the front a bit too good.

Just don't set yourself up for disappointment expecting a single rate standalone coilover to ride like butter regardless of terrain.

For clarification....
When I say "a lot of money and time spent having the shocks valved just right", I'm referring to having someone ride along to perfect the quality of ride based the roads you travel. A bit extreme and not a lot of folks will do this for just a daily driver so perhaps I shouldn't have said a lot of time and money. Just trying to get my point across though
Old 11-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #34

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Very true.....however Icon coilovers with sway bar removed are pretty close to heaven! They now make the CDC adjusters too so the ride can be dialed in to each user. Low speed valving changes with each click but the high speed valving isn't impacted.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #35
Carlos@Camburg.com
Thetequilaworms is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
Thetequilaworms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Good stuff here.
Thinking of changing over to CO's after riding in my buddy's Frontier. He's got Icons. I recently did the OME non-CO suspension and am now wishing I had done CO's. These work with the stock arms correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
No, you'll need ext travel UCA's!
you can run just a coilover up front. with minimal to no preload (lift) on that coilover it will improve your stock ride quality.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #36
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetequilaworms View Post
you can run just a coilover up front. with minimal to no preload (lift) on that coilover it will improve your stock ride quality.
With the stock A-arms?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #37
Bgt51ridescr is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: POST Certified
Name: Brian
Bgt51ridescr's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg coil overs are made by SAW.

I took my SAW coil overs to have them rebuilt and they had the camburgs they were building right there.