Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FOX 2.0 shocks? Budget Upgrade?

View Poll Results: Which kit would be a happy medium of cost vs. performance?
Fox 2.0 18 46.15%
Bilstein 5100 8 20.51%
Adjustable 5100 2 5.13%
Assembled 5100 0 0%
Man up, waste your savings, drop 2k on your truck. YOLO 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #21
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
5100's are $180 from DSMS (down south motorsports) with free shipping
plus coils ~$160 for OME coils
Plus the $100 assemble charge from wheelers, and that's $440 without shipping, taxes, and whatever else he adds to the cart
K now I'm feeling slow... Can we (2nd gen at least) buy just the 5100 adjustable shocks and put the stock springs on them? If not, I don't mind havin to upgrade my springs but I was hopin to not have to for now at least.

And I terms of assembly... Putting springs together really isn't that hard, you can't rent compressors (crappy but they do work) from Advance Auto. So that $100 assembly tag turns into a $10 (that's returned when you return the tool).. Sooo basically that assembly charge goes to $0.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #23
jgilbreath is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jgilbreath's Tacoma Gallery
Who is selling the fox 2.0 for $690? I have only seen Allpro and sdhq and they are both $800. That is for 1st gen. Do the fox only go up to two inches?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #24
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
i have the fox 2.0 coilovers in the front. they're not like regular coilovers.. the springs must be compressed, then adjust the spanner nut, then decompress the springs

this is right from fox..

if i had known this ebfore i got them i wouldnt have...

very stiff ride with these.. not too bad
Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #25
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dYL0n View Post
i have the fox 2.0 coilovers in the front. they're not like regular coilovers.. the springs must be compressed, then adjust the spanner nut, then decompress the springs

this is right from fox..

if i had known this ebfore i got them i wouldnt have...

very stiff ride with these.. not too bad

i didnt have to do ANY of that, i litterally pulled the old OEM coilovers out, and slapped these right in..

I think the ride is super nice.. It doesnt feel stiff at all to me...
Old 11-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
FOX 2.0 shocks? Budget Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilbreath View Post
Who is selling the fox 2.0 for $690? I have only seen Allpro and sdhq and they are both $800. That is for 1st gen. Do the fox only go up to two inches?
Streetsideauto has some pretty hefty rebates on them. Tells me all-pro and sdhq makes some pretty solid margins on them.
But at 800 bucks I would just suck it up get 2.5 foxs for 200 more
Old 11-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
K now I'm feeling slow... Can we (2nd gen at least) buy just the 5100 adjustable shocks and put the stock springs on them? If not, I don't mind havin to upgrade my springs but I was hopin to not have to for now at least.

And I terms of assembly... Putting springs together really isn't that hard, you can't rent compressors (crappy but they do work) from Advance Auto. So that $100 assembly tag turns into a $10 (that's returned when you return the tool).. Sooo basically that assembly charge goes to $0.
Yeah, both gen tacomas can use stock coils, it'll be a little harsher the more you compress the coils, and if you put eibach coils on it'll ride a little better, as you aren't preloading the coils to get the height (you can use OME coils, but they don't ride as good with 5100's as OME shocks)

And yes, you can assemble a strut pretty easily in your garage, you don't even need a coil compressor, all you need is a long pry bar (3 ft or so) and a floor jack
Old 11-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #28
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinOhio View Post
Streetsideauto has some pretty hefty rebates on them. Tells me all-pro and sdhq makes some pretty solid margins on them.
But at 800 bucks I would just suck it up get 2.5 foxs for 200 more
Online only store vs. Brick and Mortar. They can make pennies on the dollar.

Honestly though, i would just do 5100's and get the same height rather than waste $ on a 2.0 coilover. For a C/O go 2.5" or nothing.

Don't forget about This weekends sales. Can get Icon C/O's for under $1k.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #29
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Online only store vs. Brick and Mortar. They can make pennies on the dollar.

Honestly though, i would just do 5100's and get the same height rather than waste $ on a 2.0 coilover. For a C/O go 2.5" or nothing.

Don't forget about This weekends sales. Can get Icon C/O's for under $1k.
Thanks for your input. I would like to apologize for my last comment. I was/am not trying to bash you or all-pro on your pricing. I am simply trying to to maximize performance while minimizing cost.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #30
Sdhq has these for $680 front and $216 rear, that seems like a great price. how much lift do the fronts give?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #31
0-2" in lift. careful the Rears are NOT for 2nd gens
Old 12-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #32
Did anybody pick up the 2.0's? If so, a review would be great since there is not a lot of info on these.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #33
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilbreath View Post
Did anybody pick up the 2.0's? If so, a review would be great since there is not a lot of info on these.
I did.. See my previous post.

I didnt want to do a review yet because i wanna ride a couple thousand miles before making a thread on this suspension.

Quick review thus far(2 tanks of gas so far since the install)

*Note, i removed the sway bar*

-Flex is very good(Went to Gulches Off-road vehicle park)
-Lift is quite nice ~ 2" out the box without making any adjustments
-The ride is plush. We rode down some back roads and it didnt feel too shabby at all
-For the price... Eh, i got it for a good deal so it was worth it to me. TO those who say it isnt worth it, i disagree. If your uses for your truck doesnt include high-performance activities(prerunning or rock crawling) Its a very decent shock for the buck with the ability to increase lift at the same time like it's 2.5 counterpart.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #34
TMACTacoma is on a distinguished road
TMACTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
I did.. See my previous post.

I didnt want to do a review yet because i wanna ride a couple thousand miles before making a thread on this suspension.

Quick review thus far(2 tanks of gas so far since the install)

*Note, i removed the sway bar*

-Flex is very good(Went to Gulches Off-road vehicle park)
-Lift is quite nice ~ 2" out the box without making any adjustments
-The ride is plush. We rode down some back roads and it didnt feel too shabby at all
-For the price... Eh, i got it for a good deal so it was worth it to me. TO those who say it isnt worth it, i disagree. If your uses for your truck doesnt include high-performance activities(prerunning or rock crawling) Its a very decent shock for the buck with the ability to increase lift at the same time like it's 2.5 counterpart.
I noticed that you still have the stock upper control arms on. Do you have any problems with the truck alignment at all? And does it wander all over the road hen you drive? I have 5100's set at 2.5" and it kinda wanders here and there.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #35
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMACTacoma View Post
I noticed that you still have the stock upper control arms on. Do you have any problems with the truck alignment at all? And does it wander all over the road hen you drive? I have 5100's set at 2.5" and it kinda wanders here and there.
I do. I have no problems with alignment, although i've yet to get it aligned until i get everything on later this month, it doesnt wander AT ALL, im impressed actually all in all. Once i get the rear lift on i'll update this particular thread.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #36
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
i didnt have to do ANY of that, i litterally pulled the old OEM coilovers out, and slapped these right in..

I think the ride is super nice.. It doesnt feel stiff at all to me...
Eh

I may have my 2.0s for sale on here soon. I want 2.5s with progressive springs.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
TacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
TacomaWill's Tacoma Gallery
i have the fox 2.0 co's on my rig, and so far, i cant really tell that much of a difference on the road with them. on the highway, they feel slightly smoother than the stock suspension with a coil spacer. on dirt roads and gravel roads, they feel alot better.
i have a steel bumper and a xrc10 winch, so i replaced the coils that come on the fox's with eibach 700 pound coils. this may be affecting it.
i went ahead and put on light racing uca's as well, and i have a lifetime alignment at firestone.
ive had the truck aligned 3 freakin times, and the idiots at firestone still havent gotten it right. im going back over there tomorrow (yes they are open on sundays thank god) and am going to attempt to have it aligned YET AGAIN.
for the rear, i just put a 1 inch block on there with icon VS shocks