Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Traction bars / 5100's questions.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Motoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoman423 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
Motoman423's Tacoma Gallery
Traction bars / 5100's questions.

Hey guys I have a few questions and I have looked back through old thread but I keep getting mixed reviews/opinions so i am hoping to get some fresh ideas/awnsers. My truck has axle wrap which is not bad but its driving me nuts every time I stop I can feel it shimy/clunk and i am over it. I went cheap the first time and bought the tough country ones they worked but I cranked them on pretty tight to get them to work right that I just broke one of them in half and I dont off-road at all so note to everyone "DONT buy tough country traction bars". Anyways so my questions are I have been reading that if you put stiffer shocks on (bilstien 5100's) that it will get rid of this issue? that seems wierd to me but is it true? If so I am wanting to buy these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCD-Bilstein...482baf&vxp=mtr

If stiffer shocks wont get rid of my axle wrap issue which traction bar do you guys like? I am wanting bud built or pro comp. which of those 2 will work better for my application, thanks in advance I am looking to purchase one of these options by the end of next week.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem and I bought the bilsteins. didn't really fix it so I read that getting a clamp and tightening the shit out of it will keep the springs from separating thus preventing the axle wrap. or a beefier leaf pack would also help tone it way down
this is what it did to mine.

this isn't my truck but it shows what im explaining. this is a cheap $15 fix but a permanent fix would be the bud built trac bar