Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TSB + Front 5100's + alignment HELP

Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
TSB + Front 5100's + alignment HELP

Next week Toyota wil do the TSB. I plan on having the 5100's installed on the front the day before. That way Toyota can align the whole enchalada on their dime.

09 Access cab, leer topper (180# or so), 3000 miles so suspension has no sag any where

Questions considering the topper -
I dont want to lift any more than needed to level the truck or close to it.
Certainly want a rake down at the front, not back, if not exactly level.
Currently, with the topper I am 21" wheel center to fender rear and 20" front.

If I go 1.75 in front will the alignment be in spec, just barely in spec, or "as close as they can get it" ?
And what is your thoughts on rake in this situation ?

Due to the topper - does 0.85 look like a better setting for a level truck or slightly down at the front; I would assume that 0.85 should not be an alignment issue.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Roger
Old 03-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Bolo is on a distinguished road
Bolo's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the .85. I had mine done at 1.75 the same day as the tsb. Initially it was exactly level. But when the springs settled, it lowered about half an inch relative to the front. So the front is a little higher, but not that noticeable. Especially since you're going to add a topper, go with .85.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the note.
The TSB goes in on Thurs and the Front 5100s Fri.
Will post pics with measurements.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinkin' of a topper and also some 5100's down the road, and I already have the Rear Spring TSB. How 'bout those pics??