Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Factory wheels after toytec 3" lift?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
Pengaleng is on a distinguished road
Pengaleng's Tacoma Gallery
Factory wheels after toytec 3" lift?

Gentlemen, I got some easy questions for a first post.

I want to add a 3" toytec lift and keep my factory wheels.
What brand tire and tire size will work for this?

Will the wheels need to be back spaced?

For anyone out there who has done this, do you have any pictures?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
Might need to know that I'm talking about a...
..2005 prerunner 4x2 double cab
Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I am not into truck lifts so I do not have the answer to your questions but I am sure you have come to the right place. This should be an easy question for many members of the site. Be sure to post some pictures of your truck when you get time.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!

I am suprised you haven't gotten a response on this yet. We have some guys that have the knowledge, but they were probably busy all weekend.

I am with rhoppas - no clue, but I wanted to welcome you to TW anyway.

Cheers!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to help but my lift knowledge is not very extensive. I'd like to see some responses to this thread though. I would like to get a 3in lift but i'd like to see how it looks with stock wheels and larger more aggresive tires. if anyone has advice or especially pics i'd love to see em
Old 09-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
TacoChef is on a distinguished road

TacoChef's Tacoma Gallery
Stock rims?

Pengaleng, Stock Toyota rim on your vehicle is 16x7. I assume you have 245/75/16 tires w/o TRD pkg. You might be able to go to 285/75/16 which would add 1.6 inches to width and 1.2 inches to heighth. You might consider burning off stock tires, saving some money and getting FJ TRD rims. Put them on my 3"lifted Tacoma w/ 305/70/16 Yoko's They look great!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChef View Post
Pengaleng, Stock Toyota rim on your vehicle is 16x7. I assume you have 245/75/16 tires w/o TRD pkg. You might be able to go to 285/75/16 which would add 1.6 inches to width and 1.2 inches to heighth. You might consider burning off stock tires, saving some money and getting FJ TRD rims. Put them on my 3"lifted Tacoma w/ 305/70/16 Yoko's They look great!
TacoChef:

I do have the TRD 4x2 prerunner. So I can fit 305/70/16 onto my stock TRD 16in rims after my lift. CORRECT?

Man that is a good idea. I'd love to see pictures of the truck w/ rims from a FJ and the lift.

So what lift did you go with? (tuff country) did you install blocks out back or AAL?

I would be happy to post any images you might email me.
pengaleng@yahoo(dot)com
Old 09-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
TacoChef: sounds like you have a sweet ride. The FJ TRD rims are the grey/gunmetal wheels right? i'd love to see some pics. how bout posting some in your gallary
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #9
TacoChef is on a distinguished road

TacoChef's Tacoma Gallery
FJ Rims

The FJ rims are 7.5 in. wide. With the 305's up front I had to add a
1/8" spacer to clear the A-arm. Also I had to remove the mud flap up front. I could grind down but haven't got to that yet. I did purchase the Tuff Country lift w/ rear add-a-leaf. I'll send you a picture soon.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChef View Post
The FJ rims are 7.5 in. wide. With the 305's up front I had to add a
1/8" spacer to clear the A-arm. Also I had to remove the mud flap up front. I could grind down but haven't got to that yet. I did purchase the Tuff Country lift w/ rear add-a-leaf. I'll send you a picture soon.
Awesome, i'd love to see how those wheels look on your truck.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #11
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
I will be getting a Readylift 2.5 in Spacer + Strut Leveling Kit tomorrow..I will be keeping my stock wheels..which are 17 in. ..I am tryin to narrow down the size tire I will be adding..i am assuming that it can be around a 285/70/17 or something similar..I will have pics up hopefully by the end of this upcoming week..

Although..my Taco is a 2008..4x4 TRD Sport SR5 Double Cab..dont know if that throws off anything..
Old 09-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the 08's should eb the same as all 05+
Old 09-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
these one's?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm thinking about just a 265/70/17...i want a lil bit taller, but not too worried about the width
Old 12-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
gegundez will become famous soon enough
gegundez's Tacoma Gallery
I am selling my NEW Readylift kit for $199 obo, and paid $250. Money is getting super tight so Motorcycle will go soon...