LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question about adding second overload back to OME Dakars

Old 12-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
abarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Alex
abarber11's Tacoma Gallery
Question about adding second overload back to OME Dakars

When I had my OME Dakars installed I had the shop remove the second overload spring from the pack. I'm a little nose high now and I want to add the overload back.

Do I have to remove the whole leaf pack from the truck to add the overload back, or can I just remove the u bolts, one retaining clip, and center pin?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
CCPTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Noah
CCPTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My guess is its just like putting in a normal AAL check the sticky on it
Old 12-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarber11 View Post
When I had my OME Dakars installed I had the shop remove the second overload spring from the pack. I'm a little nose high now and I want to add the overload back.

Do I have to remove the whole leaf pack from the truck to add the overload back, or can I just remove the u bolts, one retaining clip, and center pin?
It can be done, but IMO it would be easier to just take them off the truck. Make sure you clamp the leafs together before removing the centering pin. It would be awkward working with limited space, you can't drop the axle to far without stretching brake lines, lining everything back up when re-assembling would be a PITA with the main leaf still attached to the truck. You should probably get new u-bolts. Putting the overload back in should give you about 5/8" lift.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
Alright then
BCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Slingblade
BCephus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You have to remove them
It may not be obvious, but it needs to be done one at a time...take one off, install 2nd OL, reinstall, do the other side. They are heavy but very doable.

Since the shop took the 2nd OL spring out, they will have cut the centering pin off to fit in the spring perch. It will almost certainly be too short when 2nd overload is put back in...so plan on getting a pair of those as well when you get the ubolts. I HATE to get shut down on a project because I am missing a simple part like that....and be mindful of the brake lines not to overextend them..should take a couple hours. Good luck!!