1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Leaf Spring TSB Dealer "Phuck Up"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hillbillynwv, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Mar 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    I posted a thread earlier today about my new leaf spring TSB from the dealership making a squeeking/grinding noise. I finally got off my lazy ass and crawled underneath my truck to investigate. What I found was a dealer installed "Phuck Up". They installed the top bolt wrong on the passenger side. See photo. I sprayed WD-40 on it so it wouldn't squeek anymore for now but they will have to remove the entire leaf spring set to fix this. What idiots! The TSB was performed a couple months ago, still cold out, windows up, radio on, I never heard the squeeling tell I was riding with the windows down and the radio off at low speeds. The bolt is rubbing against the spring shackle housing. When you get the TSB complete, make sure they have the top bolt nuts toward the outside of the spring pack. Leave me some rep for this one, I need it. Going to the dealership tomorrow to show them their quality work and to raise hell.

[​IMG]

2. Mar 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    :rolleyes:
    Can't even trust the dealerships!
    Thanks for the tip!!
    I'll have to check mine out. Mine hasn't been squeeking - that doesn't necessarily mean its not installed wrong.

3. Mar 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    I just went out and looked at mine since it is still non TSB and both the bolts on yours are backwards from mine

4. Mar 16, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Some of these guys are just hacks.:smack: They just don't care.

5. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    Update........took it it back to the dealer, they fixed it correctly this time. They told me that the mechanic that did this original work on my truck was fired a couple of weeks ago because he screwed up a bunch of shit on other vehicles. I guess the lesson here is to take at look at dealer work after it's performed to make sure they didn't screw anything up.

6. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    No squeaks but I'll have to check mine. Thanks

7. Mar 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    RobK

RobK Well-Known Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 w/Tow
    TRD offroad/racing Intake, pioneer bluetooth headunit, wetsuit seat covers, weathertech floorliners, Bully side step bars, tailgate security mod, rear aux halogen lights, BHLM, Upper and Lower Grillcraft Grills, Relocated Horns, Mag-lite mounts, pop lock, truxedo tonneau, PUTCO window visors, spidertraxspacers f&r, , bilstein 5100s set @ 0 with stock coils in front and TSB AAL in rear w/ 5100s .
    Just checked mine. My dealership did it right. I went to Toyota of Turnersville in NJ. They came recommended by my good buddy who is my mechanic.

Products Discussed in

To Top