Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Leaf Spring TSB Dealer "Phuck Up"

Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leaf Spring TSB Dealer "Phuck Up"

I posted a thread earlier today about my new leaf spring TSB from the dealership making a squeeking/grinding noise. I finally got off my lazy ass and crawled underneath my truck to investigate. What I found was a dealer installed "Phuck Up". They installed the top bolt wrong on the passenger side. See photo. I sprayed WD-40 on it so it wouldn't squeek anymore for now but they will have to remove the entire leaf spring set to fix this. What idiots! The TSB was performed a couple months ago, still cold out, windows up, radio on, I never heard the squeeling tell I was riding with the windows down and the radio off at low speeds. The bolt is rubbing against the spring shackle housing. When you get the TSB complete, make sure they have the top bolt nuts toward the outside of the spring pack. Leave me some rep for this one, I need it. Going to the dealership tomorrow to show them their quality work and to raise hell.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post

Can't even trust the dealerships!
Thanks for the tip!!
I'll have to check mine out. Mine hasn't been squeeking - that doesn't necessarily mean its not installed wrong.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
I just went out and looked at mine since it is still non TSB and both the bolts on yours are backwards from mine
Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #5
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Update........took it it back to the dealer, they fixed it correctly this time. They told me that the mechanic that did this original work on my truck was fired a couple of weeks ago because he screwed up a bunch of shit on other vehicles. I guess the lesson here is to take at look at dealer work after it's performed to make sure they didn't screw anything up.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
No squeaks but I'll have to check mine. Thanks