1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Airlift airbags delates anyone use fix a flat?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by highdesertdweller, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dec 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    highdesertdweller

highdesertdweller [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sport SR5
    Airlift airsprings K&N airfilter Bakflip VP folding tonneau
    I have airbags that have a slow leak. I sprayed windex all over the bags, connections, lines...found the leak and put some epoxy on it. Seemed to do the trick but the other day I inflated to 15 PSI and over two or three days they are deflated again..

Bags are six months old and I see no cracks or bubbles now so I assume the leak is in the coupling (again). Reinflated to 50 PSI and resprayed windex all over bags, lines, coupling connectors....saw zero leaks....

Now Im wondering if the bags leak when the PSI is too low (15 PSI ) because bags are now holding air....Dropped PSI to 25 and going to check in the morning (there is no apreciable weight in the bed)..

Just curious if my leaks are somewhere in the lines or connections (and not the bags) would fix-a-flat or slime stop a slow leak? Has anyone tried fix a flat or green slime for line leaks?

***Update today: Yesterday, I was just about to use slime...I inflated bags to 60 PSI, sprayed windex all over bags and connections...did a double check and guess what? I saw air bubbles leaking from the passenger side bag about 1/2 down from the top!

Now I know where the leak is coming from and the bags have a lifetime warranty so stopped and put the slime away. I can always use it for a flat tire...

Then I called Airlift and they are sending a new bag to me in 4-5 days...I had to give them my credit card for a deposit which they will credit back once I send them the defective bag... Airlift customer service is really impressive!

Im soooo glad I did not use anything in this bag to stop the leak! For one thing it probably would not have worked because there would have been no centrifugal rotation (like a tire) to spread the slime and it would have voided my warranty!

Long story short (if you have a leak) : 1) Check and double check your bags and couplings, 2) Call the mfg if you have any concerns, 3) Do not try to repair the bag yourself!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top