Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

before i buy question!

Old 12-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Toyota05zack is on a distinguished road

Name: Zack
Toyota05zack's Tacoma Gallery
before i buy question!

ive searched and searched and cannot find anyone with this question....

Im about to buy the bilstein adjustable lift with the 5100 shocks and aal in the back, i want to set it for 3'' in the front and the 2 in the back, the option for a top plate spacer got me thinking.....only recommended for 6cyl models, i have a regular cab 4x4 and i was wondering if i can run the 3/4 inch top plate spacer without any added front weight in order to make my truck ride a little higher in the front, is this possible? with a diff drop of course or will it be "too much lift" ?? anyone? anyone?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100s will provide 2.5" of lift. You can run a couple of 1/4" Top-spacers to get you close to 3" without going over. Then for the rear you can run the 2" aal like you were thinking.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Toyota05zack is on a distinguished road

Name: Zack
Toyota05zack's Tacoma Gallery
thank you very much! would you suggest this lift over OME??
Old 12-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Stacking lifts is not recomended.....worst idea ever. Loading the stock coils like that is going to make for a crappy ride.