Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bump stops needed?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Bump stops needed?

I have been looking at getting some bump stops for my rig. Its a DCLB 4x4 with Icon C/O's in the front and Icon rear resi's in the back with Dakars.

Im not sure if I need the bump stops but I want to be as safe as possible with my stuff.

If I do need them I am going with the wheelers super bumps.

Let me know what you guys think?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Superbumps on my DCLB with Dakars

Nice truck BTW
Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great. Have you taken that beast offroad yet? I have the same setup as you in the front. My coilovers are only cranked up to 2" of lift and I keep smashing my front fenders while wheelin. For me the purpose of superbumps (when I get them) is to limit the amount of fender smashing...gonna wait until I get an alignment before the new bumps because I'm gonna crank up the coilovers to 3" in front for more fender clearance.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

off topic, but is that a 30" light bar in the lower grill area? Looks awesome.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have the Superbumps on my DCLB with Dakars

Nice truck BTW
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Truck looks great. Have you taken that beast offroad yet? I have the same setup as you in the front. My coilovers are only cranked up to 2" of lift and I keep smashing my front fenders while wheelin. For me the purpose of superbumps (when I get them) is to limit the amount of fender smashing...gonna wait until I get an alignment before the new bumps because I'm gonna crank up the coilovers to 3" in front for more fender clearance.
Thanks....unfortunantly I haven't had the chance. Its still in the new phases so I didnt want to risk it. But in the near future yes it will be going with me where I choose. The closest place around me is probably 2 hours so it kind of hard for me.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
off topic, but is that a 30" light bar in the lower grill area? Looks awesome.
[/url]

yes it is
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #7

Where in so cal are you? TONS of trails all around so cal
Old 12-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Im in lakewood/Long Beach area.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #9

ok lol yeah you are far from some trails
Old 12-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok lol yeah you are far from some trails
just a little bit, I can see some.......if the day is super clear.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #11

with the superbumps you can get spacers too depending on your application. you may or may not need them depending on wheel backspacing etc.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar setup on my truck except with Foxes. In the rear I have an extended bumpstop. Probably about half an inch longer than stock to keep my shock from fully compressing. Not sure where they came from I swapped my old leaf pack with a buddy who already had the Dakars and was going back to stock. We swapped bumpstops while we were at it.

I ran the stock bumpstops on the front for a couple of wheeling trips. Got tired of the harsh thunk on the bumps when I hit the stops so I switched them for some superbumps. Much better! I recommend them for the front. I am sure they would be nice in the rear and might get some someday.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #13

Yeah man superbumps are the way to go...do need!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Guess I'll be ordering them Unless I get a set for Christmas.