Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

light/med coils

Old 03-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
light/med coils

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

im about to order the most popular 3" lift for the tacoma and was just wondering if anyone got the 885 coils without the extra weight on the front, and if that made a difference or not
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
885's are recomended for the double cabs. 886's are for extra weight.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Go with 884s.
What? Why?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Go with 884s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What? Why?
never go against chris when it comes to OME!!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
well i always believed in what chris was saying. just cause i thought that was the standard.

why 884s..?
Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
is there anything else to buy besides installation and alignment? or does that kit give u it all
Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
is there anything else to buy besides installation and alignment? or does that kit give u it all
OME n140s shocks, and a trim packer for the driver side.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What? Why?
Thought he had an access cab.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OME n140s shocks, and a trim packer for the driver side.

well i mean necessities
i have 5100's

can i just roll out of the shop with the package and alignment and be g2g?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #13

Quote:
well i mean necessities
i have 5100's

can i just roll out of the shop with the package and alignment and be g2g?
Yeah.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
yeah to necessity or other thing sorry just want to make sure what i need to invest in before i get myself in a hole
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #15

Quote:
yeah to necessity or other thing sorry just want to make sure what i need to invest in before i get myself in a hole
With that kit, you'll be fine. There are always things to add to make it better.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #16
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to throw one of those trim packers in when I put in my front 5100's, thanks chris.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan83taco View Post
I'm going to throw one of those trim packers in when I put in my front 5100's, thanks chris.
Trim packers only work with the OME shocks. They wont fit the Billies.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #18
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I packed some trim last weekend.

on the drivers side that is. toytec PN: TP14
Its good for another 1/2" lift to help level out the front, but it's still off about another 1/2" off......Owell
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I packed some trim last weekend.

on the drivers side that is. toytec PN: TP14
Its good for another 1/2" lift to help level out the front, but it's still off about another 1/2" off......Owell
Is that the one the goes on top of the shock???

If so, you were not packing any trim....