Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front end bounces with lift, what to do?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by erok97 View Post
Cody those 5100's only go to 2 1/2in not 3 like I need plus what different springs can I even get for it?
with different springs you can go higher than 2.5, with stock springs 2.5 is the maximum.
with the eibachs, and the 5100s on the lowest setting, you will get 1.6 inches of lift (2nd gen only) first gens get 2.5 from the eibachs.

if you plan on getting a winch, id get a heavier spring. with a winch and bumper im sure the pro-comps would ride pretty nice!

Quote:
your 5100's are ok at 3 aren't they only good for 2 1/2. Couldn't i just cut my spacers i already have in stead of buying new ones or are they different?
only good for 2.5 with stock springs.

if your a badass and have a nice machine that can cut your spacers down to 1/4 inch then go for it.... id just buy new spacers though. they are cheap.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
erok97 is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I don't have a machine but my cousin and uncle work at a machine shop so they might be able to do it. Thanks I didn't know that the stock spring is what maxed the strut out. I looked into those eibach and couldn't find tacoma ones just car racing ones. anyone have a sight for them.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I don't have a machine but my cousin and uncle work at a machine shop so they might be able to do it. Thanks I didn't know that the stock spring is what maxed the strut out. I looked into those eibach and couldn't find tacoma ones just car racing ones. anyone have a sight for them.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/
You probably wanna go with eibachs or ome 885. on bilstein 5100. You could get dakar leaf packs from the same place and save on shipping a little(maybe)
Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
http://www.toyteclifts.com/
You probably wanna go with eibachs or ome 885. on bilstein 5100. You could get dakar leaf packs from the same place and save on shipping a little(maybe)

anything cheaper than that lol I am more in the 4-600 range. If this is my only option I will have to save for a while.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
there are most definitley cheaper options.

5100s..$220.00.... http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ocks_p_21.html

eibachs..$164.... http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ings_p_14.html

1/4 inch spacer x2..$46.. http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...-14_p_351.html

thats a great setup on the front at $430
keep in mind the eibachs are a 620lb spring, you may want to go heavier with a winch and plate bumper, but ask toytec what they think.

are you wanting to change the rear at all? if you already have add a leafs, but its bouncy, ask toytec about some 5100s for the back as well and they can help you with the size.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #26
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Cody that helps a little. I have the ARB bumper now is that considered a plate bumper? To me it is lol. For the back I was thinking using the All Pro leaf pack for $400 and maybe some new shocks for a better ride anyway. It seems for just about $1000 I could have new front struts springs new rear leafs and shocks. That doesn't sound too bad to me. I am sure it will be a nicer ride too and help with tire rub.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #27
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Cody that helps a little. I have the ARB bumper now is that considered a plate bumper? To me it is lol. For the back I was thinking using the All Pro leaf pack for $400 and maybe some new shocks for a better ride anyway. It seems for just about $1000 I could have new front struts springs new rear leafs and shocks. That doesn't sound too bad to me. I am sure it will be a nicer ride too and help with tire rub.
If your planning on spending that much, check this out:

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/o...charger-sport/

Other venders here may have better pricing or have tw discounts.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #28
SPEEDY CRAWLER
Quote:
Your welcome dude. Yes that is a plate bumper
If you have the money, that would be the best way to do it.

Do what he said and shop around for a good deal. Some companies do package deals. And always make sure you ask if there is a tacomaworld discount!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #29
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
I have a arb bumper too and I do a lot of wheeling and I put the ome kit with the 886 coils and it rides nice. Ive Never had any problems. I highly recomend it. It defiantly doesn't go down from the front when I break . Post some pics of your truck
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #30
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
Pics will come soon it's dark when I go work and leave lol. so between these two options which one should I go with given I had all the money at once.

all pro leaf pack $400

or

Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
SPEEDY CRAWLER
Quote:
Pics will come soon it's dark when I go work and leave lol. so between these two options which one should I go with given I had all the money at once.

all pro leaf pack $400

or

the link isnt working for some reason, just taking me to the main page.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #32
erok97's Tacoma Gallery

sorry about that cody
Old 12-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
SPEEDY CRAWLER
no worries,

honestly both of those kits will perform very well.
i dont have experience with ome, but from everything i have read is they are both great.

also, keep in mind that with 3 inches of lift, you MAY need new upper control arms to get the allignment into spec.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
Cody I already have a 3 inch lift. I have no idea if the UCA's are stock or not though
Old 12-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #35
SPEEDY CRAWLER
post up a picture for us to see!

only some trucks need it to allign properly.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #36
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
So I took these really quick so they're probably not what you want lol

wouldn't let me upload more than one
Attached Thumbnails
Front end bounces with lift, what to do?-image.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
SPEEDY CRAWLER
thats what i need, those are stock upper control arms.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #38
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
okay now that we know I have stock upper control arms at what point will I knot if I need UCA's or not. Should I know now or will I not know until I put the other components on?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #39
SPEEDY CRAWLER
Quote:
okay now that we know I have stock upper control arms at what point will I knot if I need UCA's or not. Should I know now or will I not know until I put the other components on?
the only way to know if you need new upper arms is when you take your truck to get it alligned, the shop either wont be able to allign it properly, or they will. if they cant get it into spec, then ucas may be needed.

i dont remember which aspect of the allignment the uca effects though.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #40
erok97's Tacoma Gallery
Well I work at a dealership so I will be able to check first hand. So worst case is my truck won't be aligned properly until I get UCAs that's not so bad. Does anyone know if it will cause damage to anything or if it's just alignment issues I will have?

Products Discussed in this Thread